Fergusonfamily
Level 2: Rookie

NBN

Answered

I have recently changed my internet plan form 10 gb to 100 gb. This has succesfully been achieved but the internet speed has slowed down not speed up. Help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN

If your account had already been slowed because of exceeding your allowance, it is possible that it might need to be manually speed back up, as the system might not had done it automatically when you changed the plan. I would give Telstra a call or chat with LiveChat and see if they can 'unshape' it for you, which should bring it back up to the right speed.  

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7

Had you already exceeded the 10GB before you changed the plan?

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Fergusonfamily

Yes, but why would that slow my newly changed plan
Fergusonfamily

Yes, but why would that slow my new plan
Accepted Solution

If your account had already been slowed because of exceeding your allowance, it is possible that it might need to be manually speed back up, as the system might not had done it automatically when you changed the plan. I would give Telstra a call or chat with LiveChat and see if they can 'unshape' it for you, which should bring it back up to the right speed.  

Helpful Links

Level 23: Superhero

I'm a little confused here, there are no 10GB Telstra NBN plans to start with.... and in fact they run 50; 100 and 500 GB.....

Right forgot about the bundles...

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Fergusonfamily

The S+ is normally not a normal item, but it is currently being offered to NBN customers with a discount for new customers, the 10GB Small plan is normally in that space, at least unless Telstra make the S+ the new S... it they signed up before the S+ was a standard offer it would have been the Small in that place and it was only 10GB.

Helpful Links

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more