CrowdSupport®
mildew1951
Level 2: Rookie

NBN

Day 6 since NBN hooked me up and still no phone or internet. telstra complaints told me last Wednesday (hook up day) provisioning would take 24 hours. Now they won't return calls despite promises to do so.

Order/complaint number is SR-11416095849139.

Is anyone listening to me? I'm close to cancelling my contract with Telstra and prepared to go to court with all the history if they try to bill me for the balance.

Very frustrated and angry with this mob.

Jeff

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN

Which type of NBN connection do you have (FTTN, FTTP, FW, HFC)?
Which modem and what colour are the lights that are on it?
What are the Broadband stats on the modem hoempage saying about the connection status?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
mildew1951
Level 2: Rookie

I have FTTN with a Telstra Frontier modem.
Only the power and wifi lights are on.
Under connection settings it says Type: No available

OK. Is the phone line plugged in to the Grey DSL port on the modem, with no other devices (phones, filters, etc) plugged in to any of the phone sockets in your house?

The phone handset gets plugged in tot the Green Phone port on the modem (assuming corded type).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now