CrowdSupport®
Kelvin5
Level 1: Cadet

NBN

Hi,

We're just letting you know that your Home Broadband is currently not available, so your Smart Modem has switched to Telstra's mobile network to keep you online.

You don't have to do anything - it will automatically switch back as soon as your Home Broadband is available again. If your landline phone is affected and you need it urgently call us on 132 203.

For more information, or if you have any other problems with your connection visit telstra.com/fix.

Thanks,
The Telstra team

Ever since I receive that message on Tuesday, my NBN and wifi isn’t coming on, I called Telstra only for them to tell me that I have canceled my NBN connection when I never did

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: NBN

Hey @Kelvin5, its odd that they would say its cancelled. Can you check if you have an internet service in your MyAccount here. If there isn't one there it would appear your service may have been cancelled. Also what color are the link and online lights on the top of your modem?
For Official Support Chat Now, or try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra Platinum Consumer, Small Business, Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Kelvin5
Level 1: Cadet

Yea the links are green but the internet light aren’t coming up. I called Telstra on several occasion and they said I canceled my service, but I didn’t cancel it.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Kelvin5. 

If there has been a case where your internet services have been cut off incorrectly, the first thing to do is get in touch with us so we can check into what has occurred because this would not happen unless your account had been suspended due to credit management process for unpaid bills, if left unresolved, your services can be disconnected after several late payment notices. The only other reason this would happen is if there has been a major line fault that has caused a problem with your connection.

I would advise that you speak to the nbn team on 1800 834 273 so that we can take a further look into what has occurred and get your reconnected and back up and running as soon as possible. 

Please let us know how you go. 

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit