NevP
Level 1: Cadet

NBN

Answered

how can I get my wiring from the street to my new home, I’ve tried to organise an install to no avail, I was told to ring next month. As I’ve seen many problems getting them there to do that before we move, I’m worried we won’t have a service.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN

If you are in an area where the NBN is currently being rolled out, then a cease sale will be in effect. This prevents Telstra from taking any new orders until after the area is declared NBN ready.

At that time you will be able to place an order for a new connection, but you will have to wait until NBN Co have crews available to run the new cable.That may be quite a while as NBN Co prioritise connecting premises that already have the cabling in place.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Accepted Solution

If it's available in the area, then you should be able to place an order for a new connection. It just may take a while before the connection can be made.

You also need to make sure that the conduit and leader from the house to the property boundary has been laid (your responsibility). Otherwise the connection won't occur.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

If you are in an area where the NBN is currently being rolled out, then a cease sale will be in effect. This prevents Telstra from taking any new orders until after the area is declared NBN ready.

At that time you will be able to place an order for a new connection, but you will have to wait until NBN Co have crews available to run the new cable.That may be quite a while as NBN Co prioritise connecting premises that already have the cabling in place.
NevP

Yes in a fibre to the node area, and is available now 

Accepted Solution

If it's available in the area, then you should be able to place an order for a new connection. It just may take a while before the connection can be made.

You also need to make sure that the conduit and leader from the house to the property boundary has been laid (your responsibility). Otherwise the connection won't occur.
NevP

Hi , yes lead in been done, didn’t worry the call centre girl I spoke to, said I had to ring closer to move in.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more