Misty-70
Level 1: Cadet

NBN

Answered

When do I change over to NBN. Will I be notify about this?

Regards

Pat Beggs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN

Once NBN Co have made your area 'Ready for Service' or RFS then you will have 18 months from the RFS date to move over to the NBN from the legacy network (cable / ADSL).

If you haven't migrated by the end of the 18 months it will be disconnected by NBN Co as a managed disconnection.

Once ready for service, if you are currently with Telstra they will send you a letter and updated modem and will then roll you over automatically once you install the new modem.

you can check if you have an expected timeframe on the nbn website here:
http://nbnco.com.au/
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Once NBN Co have made your area 'Ready for Service' or RFS then you will have 18 months from the RFS date to move over to the NBN from the legacy network (cable / ADSL).

If you haven't migrated by the end of the 18 months it will be disconnected by NBN Co as a managed disconnection.

Once ready for service, if you are currently with Telstra they will send you a letter and updated modem and will then roll you over automatically once you install the new modem.

you can check if you have an expected timeframe on the nbn website here:
http://nbnco.com.au/
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

TommyTheTankEng
Level 6: Bloodhound

You will be bombarded with mail not only from NBN themselves but also from every NBN retailer who hopes to sign you up

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more