CrowdSupport®
Peckit
Level 1: Cadet

NBN

Answered

I’ve apparently been connected to NBN. I’ve plugged in the Telstra Smart Modem that was sent to be. When I look at the modem website it says I’m still on ADSL and the download speed is 2Mbps. I’m waiting to hear from Telstra but figured I’d run this past you champions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN

If you were on ADSL before plugging in the modem does not automatically transfer you to NBN it only sends a signal to Telstra that you are ready to transfer to NBN. Telstra then arranges with NBN for your service to be transferred to NBN and will notify you of the date the transfer will occur.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It can take about a month for the switchover to take place (that's assuming that an order has been placed).

You may need to give 1800 834 273 a call to find out if an when you are scheduled to be migrated. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Accepted Solution

If you were on ADSL before plugging in the modem does not automatically transfer you to NBN it only sends a signal to Telstra that you are ready to transfer to NBN. Telstra then arranges with NBN for your service to be transferred to NBN and will notify you of the date the transfer will occur.

Peckit
Level 1: Cadet

I already have a current order though and was told it should be working.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now