CrowdSupport®
Tony1977
Level 1: Cadet

NBN

Hi ,. Why is it that the NBN plans ,are more expensive and slower , than the plan I have now , cable 100mb/s , 200GB ,$60p/m

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN

Generally because of the pricing structure that NBN Co uses for access to their network.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
JudgeJudy
Level 2: Rookie

Because Telstra (and like all other providers) are only a NBN reseller.
Whats worse, is that unless Telstra provision enough circuits at the local exchange to connect to the NBN network.. you are now sharing the load with everyone else.

Level 14: Field Agent Mkrtich
Level 14: Field Agent

Hi - I have been with Telstra HFC Cable ever since it was available on a Telstra Home Bundle M Plan with Ultimate Speed Boost which includes a telephone line service with free local,  capped national calls and discounted ISD calls. It is currently being charged at $100 per month (discounted down by $10 a month due to free upgrade to 50 Mbps to 100 Mbps) , so for me, Telstra NBN rates are comparable to existing rates. You are provided with a land line service on NBN whether you use it or not, handy for people who still have high dependency for telephone call connection to their families. 

Level 14: Field Agent Mkrtich
Level 14: Field Agent

To eliminate any confusion caused by my comments, the free upgrade from 50 Mbps to 100 Mbps mentioned above was for customers who have 50 Mbps HFC plans in place - they were upgraded to 100 Mbps as a form of compensation for the delays encountered by Telstra in rolling out their connections to the NBN HFC. The speed upgrade gets removed when the 50 Mbps NBN service is installed. To acknowledge existing 100 Mbps customers who pay a premium for their service, Telstra provided a temporary discount to provide near to parity arrangement which also disappears when the NBN HFC service is installed. 

Another saving for customers is that all calls to local, national and mobile numbers are free on Telstra NBN plans.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now