CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN

Hi I have been informed that I need to move to the NBN and told that for the same service and speed (cable) I will have to pay an extra $40 per month. This is for no additional service and utilising the same infrastructure in my area (cable). Has anyone had the same problem and received a better NBN deal to reflect the fact the service being provided is not equal to what they currently have?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: NBN

Hey Trev11,

I understand where you're coming from with the Cable the reason it costs more is due to Telstra only offering bundle services on the NBN & because Telstra no longer owns the infrastructure it is alot more expansive on Telstra as well as a whole which is why it's more expensive.

With the cable you would've only have been receiving the 50mbps standard speed before Telstra applied the changes to cable because of the NBN causing issues with it so technically you would only be paying $10 more if Telstra hadn't done this.

What I recommend is trying Telstras NBN because you can get a $0 speed boost for 6 mths moving from Cable to HFC & you also do get a satisfaction guarantee for 30 days if you don't like the service for any reason at all you can cancel the plan without penalty & Telstra will also refund that 1st mth usage 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Sorry but Telstra haven't owned the infrastructure for many years but want to charge more for the same infrastructure with no benefit. I am on 80+mbps on an $80 plan now I have no choice but to pay more or move providers.

Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

I agree that Telstra haven't owned the infrastructure for a few years but because of this Telstra & every other provider is having to pay the NBNco to use the NBN services Telstra is now basically the middleman along with every other provider similar to how electricity companies function Telstra also puts more money into the NBN infrastructure then any other provider so during peak hour times you do see quite the difference I've tried multiple providers & honestly Telstra has been the best so far even if it is more expensive

depending on what plan you're on you can do a seamless transition & add on the speed boost for $30 

if you do switch to the new $90 plan you can get that 6 mth speedboost at no cost & the NBN 30 day satisfaction so you could try out Telstra then literally call to let them know you're using the 30 day satisfaction then change providers 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit