Gsm64
Level 1: Cadet

Nbn shutting off during the night

Just had nbn for a week and already have issues. 3 times this week it has shut its self off during the night about 2.15 am and when I get up in the morning I’m having to reboot. Checked with next door and they don’t have a problem so it’s something to do with what I have

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Nbn shutting off during the night

First step that I'd try would be to factory reset the modem to clear out any errors that it may have in its non-volatile memory (turning off and on doesn't clear this).

If that doesn't work, a call to 1800 834 273 would be in order.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 24: Supreme Being

Which model modem do you have?

Gsm64
Level 1: Cadet

It’s the latest Telstra modem for nbn. Gen 2 I think they call it 

There are two Gen 2 Smart modems an Arcadyan LH1000 and a Technicolor DJA0231. The model number is written on the bottom.

A new firmware for the Arcadyan (06.07r) has just been released. The old Firmware might have been causing the problem. To check firmware log into the modem http://192.168.0.1 (ID is admin and password is either Telstra or telstra) and go to Advanced > Info Summary.

If modem still has old firmware reboot modem by going to Advanced > Management > Reset and click on reboot, It will take an hour for firmware to download and install.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more