Highlighted
cootee71
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear CG3100 compatibility with Chromecast

Yesterday bought a Chromecast. When I plugged it in to my LG 55LW6500 tv all of my other devices, Galaxy S4, Kindle and laptop lost connection to the Netgear. now I am loathed to plug it in again. Can anyone HELP.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Netgear CG3100 compatibility with Chromecast

Hi cootee71. 

There shouldn't be any issue using the Chromecast with your modem, as it is just connecting via WiFi. 

When you had the Chromecast plugged in, and connected to the modem was it able to access the Internet? 
And did you attempt to re-establish the connection on one of your other devices? If so, was it successful in maintaining the connection after that?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

cootee71

I had to turn the modem off and disconnect the chromecast to re-establish connection to the Internet.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Ok, so your entire Internet connection went down? 

Or just the WiFi network? And Ethernet devices were still able to connect to the net?

Steph

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

cootee71

Until I disconnected the chromecast my devices were unable to find my modem
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I'd recommend just trying the Chromecast again.

This time if your device stop working, try simply restarting the modem without disconnecting the Chromecast. 

If it reestablishes the WiFi connection with the Chromecast still plugged in, then great..

If the connection isn't re-established, we can do some further troubleshooting to work out why it's happened. 
And if it can't be fixed with the Chromecast plugged in, then worst case you just need to unplug it and restart the modem

cootee71

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now