Indy898
Level 1: Cadet

New FTTC Altona

I’ve had a 3 week delay in getting new NBN FTTC at my home in Altona and I was told the delay is due to technical errors and will be provisioned anytime in the next few days and I hear nothing and when i call I get the same thing and nothing they can do. I have a case manager but can’t contact him. I am at a stand still trying to get the service hooked up and Telstra is not doing anything about it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: New FTTC Altona

Has the NBN NTD and Telstra Modem been delivered yet, and have you been told when the NBN Co Technician has been booked to swap over your service (they have to swap your connection over in the street from the PSTN to the Fibre and in-pit Node).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Indy898

hi, yes they finally came today and connected me. There was some issue with the home security line which was hooked up to a landline. I’m not able to use the security according to the tech I now have to get a wireless connection for it. I’ll need to sort that out soon.   Does anyone know of a document for the Smart Modem GEN 2 to understand all the settings and get it all sorted for my devices, etc?

Support Team
Support Team

It is good to hear that you are connected now. There isn't a manual for the Smart Modem, however there is help built into the user interface which will help explain all of the settings. If you come across anything you are unsure of, you can post any questions you have here on CrowdSupport and I am sure that the Crowd will be able to help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Indy898

Thanks for this info, will check it out and see what I can do with it. Cheers.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now