CrowdSupport®
BK73
Level 1: Cadet

New Internet Connection Or lack there of

How can I have had 7 appointments to my house and still have no internet? Have Telstra and NBN manage it for you. I have now been told after the 3rd appointment by an NBN technician, that he can;t do the job as it is to the 1st floor. WHY the previous 2 didn't point this out to me or the numerous Telstra Call Centre staff I have told that I needed this done is beyond a joke! On the phone again and I can;t get any help because I have to wait another 48 hours for the useless NBN rep to update the status on my job!! I have been with Optus for 15 years and decided to move across to Telstra as back in December I was told by Optus I would have to wait until the 02/02/2018 to be connected. Guess what, I would have been ecstatic to have received it last month. Off to the TIO I go.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: New Internet Connection Or lack there of

You most likely would have received the same response if you had stayed with Optus as you would still have the same problem with the installation.

Why do you need the installation to be to the 1st floor? Can it be installed on the ground floor and then the internal wiring within your house redirect it to where you want it?

NBN Co have rather strict guidelines as to where their technicians can install the first point in a premises, and it sounds like your install falls outside those guidelines.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
BK73

Hi Jupiter

Whilst I totally understand that might be the case, it was never made aware to me that this was the requirement. I could have done this work 5 weeks ago! Each time they didn't install it was because of no cable, or no plugs available, or a collapsed conduit or some other excuse. The one guy that was ready to get on his ladder and do the job when he got here, realised that the NBN tech before him, didn't even run a cable to our house! I told Telstra this was the case but was told "let them come out anyhow and see what they can do". I then waited 1 month for the status of the previous NBN tech to be updated on their system as until that point, I couldn't even book another technician to come out.

So, now it is the 07 March 2018 and I have nothing. Once i have the cable installed, I will have to wait, again, for a Telstra Call Centre rep to book it via NBN to come and connect it.

Pathetic.

BK73

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the NBN Technician was so quick to leave, that I didn't even have the option of telling him to install it into my garage (as the box is on the wall outside it).
It is easier to run it outside the house and straight into the room we need it installed in.

Unfortunately, Telstra has no control over what the NBN Co techs do. All they can do is rebook when they don't do the works.

You could lodge a complaint with the TIO about NBN Co, but it probably won't make much of a difference.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now