KingGeorge
Level 1: Cadet

New (established) house, no services currently available.

Hi all, just some advice. I have moved into a house that is in a NBN roll out area, available within 9 months. I have been told that currently only mobile broadband is available. I assume that other services have been disconnected already or scheduled to. 1st call i made was 11 days ago to Telstra and they said they would process a ticket for Telstra Wholesale (from memory) to check on what is or not available. As they are independent from telstra retail and non biased. I am still waiting some 11 days for the results. I am tempted to try now to get a home phone line connected, and if lucky enough to, then see if that is enough for me to try again. In addition phone lines and foxtel connections already exist in the property.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
KingGeorge
Level 1: Cadet

Re: New (established) house, no services currently available.

just seeking (some) advice i meant to say.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: New (established) house, no services currently available.

If a No Sale order is in place for your area, then no RSP will be able to connect you to a landline based service.

You will have to wait until NBN services become available for sale.

Telstra should be able to offer you a mobile phone base home phone in the meantime, but they are not obligated to provide an alternative internet service at landline based pricing.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now