Highlighted
Chootsnpickles
Level 2: Rookie

New internet connection

Answered
Hi!
I am planning on getting broadband connected at home. I currently do not have a home phone (land line) as I have a mobile. I have an old style phone connection outlet in my hallway (not where i want my laptop set up!) And was just wondering if 1. How do i get the line activated/connected for the internet? And 2. Can I get broadband connected without having to have a home phone plan? As I said before I dont need one.
Thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: New internet connection

You will need to request a landline service to be installed, which will generally cost you around $300.  If you want th telephone access point relocated within the house, you will need to get a licenced cabler (eg electrician) to relocate the wiring.

Telstra do not offer naked ADSL services. But to get a naked ADLS service with someone else, you still need the landline service established.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Chootsnpickles
Accepted Solution

Thankyou very much Jupiter

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

You will need to request a landline service to be installed, which will generally cost you around $300.  If you want th telephone access point relocated within the house, you will need to get a licenced cabler (eg electrician) to relocate the wiring.

Telstra do not offer naked ADSL services. But to get a naked ADLS service with someone else, you still need the landline service established.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Chootsnpickles
Accepted Solution

Thankyou very much Jupiter
Quokka74

What about the answer to question #2 "2. Can I get broadband connected without having to have a home phone plan?".
I submitted a new connection request and when contacted by Telstra I asked how do I get the copper line into my house without needing a phone plan as I just want the line and use Naked from another company. They couldn't answer my question and directed me to a Telstra shop!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Quokka74

When you do connect a phone line with Telstra it is on a plan, details of our plans can be found via the following link: https://www.telstra.com.au/home-phone/plans-rates  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more