craigc
Level 3: Gumshoe

No Internet for 3 days 3004

Answered

Hi Anybody from Telstra care to find out what is going on. Each time I do the diagnosis, it just adds 1 more day to when the problem will be solved:

Location: MELBOURNE State: VIC Service: Cable Description: Customers may experience difficulties using their Cable internet service, including broadband and FOXTEL. Start: 3:29 PM 16/10/2018 Estimated time services will be restored: 7:00 PM 19/10/2018

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
craigc
Accepted Solution

Re: No Internet for 3 days 3004

Ok, seems to be fixed now

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
craigc
Accepted Solution

Ok, seems to be fixed now
Pics
Level 1: Cadet

It’s still happening to me in Perth? Please help?
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

You'll need to call the cable tech support team on 13 22 00. This is a community forum, faults are not able to be raised here.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Intolerant

Having the same problem in Avoca. For the past 2 weeks the best download speed is less than .3mbs and certainly wont stream Netflix - what a joke Telstra is..
Level 24: Supreme Being

That sort of speed usually can suggest it is something else at play, if you have a frontier or smart modem, just check you aren't running on backup. if you have a plan with a data limit just check you haven't exceeded the limit and that your bill is current as all these can cause the speed to be restricted.

If everything else is clear and it has been ongoing it will be a matter of needing to lodge a fault, it usually will make it easier and quicker if you do the online troubleshooting first then call it will skip a lot of the hassle on the call. https://outages.telstra.com.au/
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Intolerant

Sadly I have a plan with unlimited data and direct debit billing. I have been through online trouble shooting in excess of a dozen times, conducted three chat sessions during which I have allegedly been transferred to technical including several phone in excess of five hours over the past week including last night for another 1hr 39min. Not on any occasion was I able to speak with a "human". Today, I went online to iSelect who called me back within 30mins and took me through several of their NBN plans as NBN is being rolled out in my area. I then called them back for clarification on another matter, waited for about 15 seconds and was able to speak with a human once again. The difference between the two service providers is that iSelect actually want my business and Telstra could not care less. I am a lifetime Telstra customer (in one form or another) having been with them for 49 years......I don't even have to think about a choice here.
Highlighted

If NBNCo is working in the area that can often cause huge issues with the network causing speed issues. It isn't helpful that they haven't been able to get it resolved for you though.

If you did want a number to call to see if you can get it sorted, it might be worth calling 13 22 00 and say "disconnect" (between 8:30am and 9pm AEDT) and you will normally get a team based in Adelaide. They are good at being able to look at the details and may be able to find a solution for you.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now