Highlighted
Cat5
Level 2: Rookie

No Internet

Answered

I currently have no home internet in Cannonvale, North Qld on ADSL. I am assuming that this is related to yet another telstra internet outage? The service status page doesn't really give any detailed information so it's rather difficult to tell. It has the location as QLD with no more specific information than that!? So all QLD Telstra customers currently have no service?! How can I determine if this is the reason I have no interent or if it is a different reason? Also it says the internet connection won't be back until 6pm tomorrow!! Not Happy!! It's rather difficult to work from home when I can't access the internet!!!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: No Internet

is the WAN light solid?

If so, log in to the modem via 10.0.0.138 in your browser, press the broadband button, and re-enter your bigpond username/password, then hit save

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Cat5
Accepted Solution

After having said the issue was resolved.  My connection dropped out 5min later.  After an hour on the phone with telstra the theory is that my ipad was reseting the password back to the old one and hence my being booted off.  They have had me delete the history on my ipad and plug my laptop into the modem via ethernet cabel, and then connect to the gateway and re-enter my password as per the suggestion mentioned above. So far so good- fingers crossed!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6

Not seeing any ADSL issues for Cannonvale on my boards

What lights are on/off/solid/flashing on the modem at the moment?

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

Cat5

Eco light is solid red, and internet light is flashing red.  Have tried re-booting the modem but this doesn't resolve the issue.

Accepted Solution

is the WAN light solid?

If so, log in to the modem via 10.0.0.138 in your browser, press the broadband button, and re-enter your bigpond username/password, then hit save

Cat5

Thanks for your help! That has resolved the issue. Have a great day.

Cat5
Accepted Solution

After having said the issue was resolved.  My connection dropped out 5min later.  After an hour on the phone with telstra the theory is that my ipad was reseting the password back to the old one and hence my being booted off.  They have had me delete the history on my ipad and plug my laptop into the modem via ethernet cabel, and then connect to the gateway and re-enter my password as per the suggestion mentioned above. So far so good- fingers crossed!

Yeah I've seen ipads do that, and other funny things while updating details, a few times. 

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more