chloe29hunt
Level 1: Cadet

No Internet

Answered

I have been without internet for 7 days now, and the Telstra outage tracker keeps saying it should be restored by 7pm the current day but once it gets to 7pm it changes to TBC. I have called Telstra and they keep telling me it will be fixed each day but it hasn't been. it's not an isolated incident, more than 200 people have reportedly complained to Telstra about internet outage in my area. I'm just wondering how to find out when its going to be restored.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: No Internet

Apologies the outages page has not been updated  https://tel.st/b3xyd

Support is available 24x7 either online using the following chat link  https://tel.st/h3lj7 select the options for faults and ADSL connection type or ring 133933 a free call from a Telstra service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

What type of internet service is it and what suburb?
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Depends on the root cause of the outage, essentially its a matter of waiting as all outages are actively worked on.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

chloe29hunt

I have an ADSL internet connection and the suburb is Pakenham Upper

chloe29hunt

thank you for responding. is there anyone that could provide an update on the progress of the situation? or like you said, do I just have to tough it out until it comes back on?
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Apologies the outages page has not been updated  https://tel.st/b3xyd

Support is available 24x7 either online using the following chat link  https://tel.st/h3lj7 select the options for faults and ADSL connection type or ring 133933 a free call from a Telstra service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Curlcurltelstra
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have been ringing the Telstra 133933 number for 2 weeks, and every time I get asked to test the modem, then told there is no outage in the area, even though my neighbours have lost service as well. Then I was told I needed a new smart modem which would provide service via mobile signal if there was a problem. Unfortunately this smart modem did not know that no Telstra mobile works in this part of Curl Curl, so no solution there. Eventually Telstra owned up to an outage in the area, and every day the promise of reconnection is changed. I have had the 3 to 5 business days promise twice, 1 day, the the next day 7 hours, and today 2 days. Does anyone who works at Telstra have any idea what is going on?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Curlcurltelstra We've replied to your own thread Smiley Happy

Highlighted
georgieo
Level 2: Rookie

We have no phone or ADSL for five days in Geelong West. Brief internet last night but down again - Telstra are saying it will be fixed but are very vague. What is going on - they admitted it was to do with NBN work in the area?? Not good enough!!!!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi georgieo, I do apologise that your service is interrupted once again. We do experience interruptions in services and at times the reasons can be more involved than initially expected. As a result these can take longer to resolve. We are working to restore your service, however, we do not have the exact details as to what is the cause accessible from here in Social Media. 

georgieo

No internet or phone now nearly a week - what a nightmare I need to work remotely!! Not good enough TELSTRA - we live in Geelong West - what do you suggest???
georgieo

No internet or phone for nearly. Week- I need to work remotely- what do you suggest TELSTRA!!
Support Team
Support Team

If the NBN rollout has been completed in your area then any repair or maintenance work for fixed-line internet services in the area (even ADSL or cable services) is handled by NBNCo technicians and we would be waiting for updates from them regarding the restoration time. While we're not able to access accounts via posts on these forums, our Tech teams on 133 933 or through the online chat service at  https://tel.st/3ysaz can discuss any interim connection options available for you and plan fee credit for service downtime.

georgieo

Are you serious- Telstra doesn’t even advise of any disruption - on my address it said planned disruption. I need to work how can I do that without internet!!!
Support Team
Support Team

If you speak with our Tech Support teams on the number or chat link above they can let you know about any connections which can be provided while the fixed-line service is down and provide further information on the fault. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now