CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
kat88
Level 1: Cadet

No Ports Available

Answered

1 month ago, I placed a home phone and broadband bundle order with you Telstra. However, was informed no ports available and put on the waiting list and still on the waiting list.

We had this situation at about 7 years ago when we just moved in our this new property. Because it is a new area,so no broadband available and we have to use wifi broadband for nearly 2 years which is expensive and not too much data.But one of our neighgours got his broadband from you telstra at that time.dont know how , but definitely, there is a way you can get a port.

Back to our situation, we were renting soemwhere else in 2016 and moved back in Mooroolbark recently.

we have a y12 student who is doing VCE this year. THis is a very important period for my son and all family .He worried a lot about no internet which would afftect  his study.we can notafford wifi broadban which is enpensice and not eought data. we can feel the frustration he is having recently, he appears unhappy and frustrated because he can not do some homework without internet. 

We are writng here to raise the attention to who can get a port for us. We know there is a way to get a port . please help us. 

We just can not understand why this could happen. Why now in our area , we can not even have internet service, there must be someone else encountering the same frustrated situation.

Please understand our situation, all we need is a port.

THX!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The-OG-Reece
Level 13: Super Sleuth
Accepted Solution

Re: No Ports Available

@Caaf is correct - if there is no ports available, you can't do anything about it.   Even if someone disconnects their ADSL service, the port is held for a period of 6 months by the overloaded Exchange or RIM/ISAM and won't be used for any consumer services.

You can find out how accurrate they are in their "there's no ports available" response by checking your address on http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/.  You can find out your Exchange ID too from that site and check Telstra Wholesale Reports for the current port availabilty and capacity increases for your Exchange and/or CAN - https://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans.html

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Sadly if there's no port there's simply no ports. With the NBN restructuring allot of Telstra's infrastructure, the focus point is not adding more ports it's actually reducing allot of the floor space.

How much data does a year twelve student require? I'm sure there should be more than enough so long as there's no social additions added to the equation. I will add that im sure other telcos may have better wireless broadband deals.

Cheers,
Dave

The-OG-Reece
Level 13: Super Sleuth
Accepted Solution

@Caaf is correct - if there is no ports available, you can't do anything about it.   Even if someone disconnects their ADSL service, the port is held for a period of 6 months by the overloaded Exchange or RIM/ISAM and won't be used for any consumer services.

You can find out how accurrate they are in their "there's no ports available" response by checking your address on http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/.  You can find out your Exchange ID too from that site and check Telstra Wholesale Reports for the current port availabilty and capacity increases for your Exchange and/or CAN - https://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans.html

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now