CrowdSupport®
mathiar86
Level 1: Cadet

No cable at my house

I’m at the end of my rope

3 weeks ago, called Telstra as my adsl was cutting out. Agent said he could see line faults. Techie came out and said he couldn’t find any as the line was working but agreed it was intermittent. Made the passing comment that he saw hfc cable box on the driveway and we should be able to get it as our next door Neighbour has it. Called Telstra and the same agent said the hfc was NBN and not available. Ok, I accepted that. 

Recently I was curious and checked Telstra website. My next door neighbor address shows “cable available” my other next door Neighbour address shows “cable available” and mine shows adsl. I get 3.5mbps, on a good day. 

Called telstra. The agent was horrible. Told me I should have asked the technician at the time to connect it, why I didn’t ask the technician more questions, “cable isn’t available to you, that’s it”. Couldn’t answer anything about how my Neighbour could have it. Neighbour address is 7 and mine is 7A. He has cable! 

The guy also told me no such thing as a commercial quote!

What do I do now?! I KNOW cable is available in th area, I’m staring at a coiled up black cable on the light pole on my driveway. And I’m typing this tethered to my phone because my adsl cut out!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: No cable at my house

Not sure which department you spoke to but sales should definitely know about the form and how to fill it out
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
mathiar86
Level 1: Cadet

Is this a free service? Does someone need to be home for this commercial quote? Because I've had to be home twice now to have this done/investigated and its getting cumbersome to keep taking time off work to get it sorted (with no improvement)
Highlighted

The quote itself is free. I'm not 100% certain is someone does need to be present though I suspect they may be as will probably need to come onto the premises to check the existing infrastructure
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now