Humaira
Level 1: Cadet

No cable internet at my place for past two weeks.

I reported a problem with my internet on July 4th 2019 in Homebush West, Sydney. Technician came in next day and said there is an outage in the area, something about a cable cut at the main exchange. Everyday the Telstra Outage tracking page keeps extending the resolution date by 1-2 days. This is getting absolutely ridiculous! The agents on chat or phone are of absolutely no help. They do not have any useful information.

What do I have to do to get a straight answer from someone who knows what the hell they're doing??!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Re: No cable internet at my place for past two weeks.

Hello @Humaria, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a service disruption in your area currently.

From your post it sounds like you already have all the available information regarding the cause of the issue- being a cut cable- and the tools to track the latest updates on the ETR, which is the Outages page. I'm sorry there's nothing further we can really offer you. Damaged cables are a complex repair and do take time, the ETR is an Estimated Time of Resolution and is subject to change. We have no other ETR we can offer by phone I'm sorry, we all use the same resource. 

If you have a Smart Modem and 4G coverage however you can continue to access your broadband allowance via the built-in backup SIM: https://tel.st/tjpdq in the meantime. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 22: Superhuman

Re: No cable internet at my place for past two weeks.

Telstra no longer own the HFC cable system. It's now owned by NBN. 

Telstra has to wait for NBN to repair the cable.... therefore Telstra is not in control of the situation 

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now