CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Weng1000
Level 2: Rookie

No free ports for ADSL 2+

Answered

Recently I moved home from Kingsford to Kingsford NSW.  I has been using ADSL2+ at the previous home for 8 months.  Although the speed of connection was never up to 7.0 Mbps (download), it did connect with ADSL2+ (I found it from the T-gateway morden showing the DSL type).  Now my new home is just the other side of Anzac Parade, but after connecting, I found the connecting DSL type is only regular ADSL (not ADSL2+).  The speed of connection (download/upload) is slower now.  I spoke to Telstra/bigpond sales/teams several times, and they did put ADSL2+ order for me and said will complete the process (re-profile and change access point) in 24 hours, etc.  However my problem is still there. Finally I got a more detailed answer from a lady.  She said that there is no free port for ADSL2+ in my area, and I have to wait for a couple of weeks, or months.  Is it the true story or just want to end the case soon?  As my bundle service is ADSL2+, but Telstra now only offers me regular ADSL.  Can I claim for something?  Can anyone tell me how I should do?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: No free ports for ADSL 2+

The only difference between ADSL and ADSL2+ is the maximum connection speed available on the connections

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 17: Bureau Chief

The price for ADSL and ADSL2+ are essentially the same price. If there are no ADSL2 ports available then you may be connected to an ADSL1 port.

Weng1000
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for your answer, Juzman.  However, any difference bewtween regular ADSL and ADSL1?

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

The only difference between ADSL and ADSL2+ is the maximum connection speed available on the connections

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit