Highlighted
NatV99
Level 1: Cadet

No internet connection - but connected to home network

Answered
About three or four days ago, out of nowhere, we were suddenly unable to access the internet on any devices in our home. It says we are connected to the network, but nothing will load on our phones and on our laptop it says “no internet connection”. I’ve done the usual re-setting modem as well as all the suggested troubleshooting steps, and rather than spend an hour plus on the phone trying to fix this I just want to go straight to booking a technician. Tried Live Chat last night and was dropped out after about 10mins while being referred to a different department. Can someone help me out with a phone number to call?!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: No internet connection - but connected to home network

You can do some of the troubleshooting yourself by going through outages.telstra.com on your mobile.

At the end of the process, it will give you a reference number that you can give to the consultant on 1800 834 273 who can then run the final checks (which will indicate if there is an issue outside your premises) and organise an NBN Technician to come and check it out.

You can't jump straight to book a technician with the NBN as NBN Co insist that RSPs (like Telstra) have to run through a standard battery of tests. Plus, the cost of getting a Tech out if the problem is in your premises is quite high. Much better to spend 15-20 minutes getting it sorted properly.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Hello
There's no shortcut to getting a tech. If you have tried live chat and the troubleshooting tool...in response to your phone numbet request.
Ring 132200 and follow the prompts.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Accepted Solution

You can do some of the troubleshooting yourself by going through outages.telstra.com on your mobile.

At the end of the process, it will give you a reference number that you can give to the consultant on 1800 834 273 who can then run the final checks (which will indicate if there is an issue outside your premises) and organise an NBN Technician to come and check it out.

You can't jump straight to book a technician with the NBN as NBN Co insist that RSPs (like Telstra) have to run through a standard battery of tests. Plus, the cost of getting a Tech out if the problem is in your premises is quite high. Much better to spend 15-20 minutes getting it sorted properly.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more