CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

No internet

Answered

No outage stated but no connection to internet cable all morning. Location Croydon Syd. No Wifi so can't login to account on mobile device. Huge wait on phone. Why is there no cable connection but Telstra troubleshooting say no fault. Rubbish! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: No internet

Are you anywhere near Killara/Gordon/Pymble NSW?  I'm having problems in Killara.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Voila!!! It's back .... At least on my line. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

have you checked https://servicestatus.telstra.com/

it seems a few people are having issues with cable hopefully it will be fixed soon 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Are you anywhere near Killara/Gordon/Pymble NSW?  I'm having problems in Killara.

Highlighted

Croydon inner west Syd

Highlighted

This page seems a bit clunky. I'm new to it. Accidentally accepted solution and may have closed discussion. Fault still exists with no notice of a fault or a solution

Highlighted

Yes done all the checks and troubleshooting. Information available is limited . Hope reigns eternal but a fix is essential and better than soon IMO

Highlighted

No problem.  I think you earned me a badge ;-)

I am waiting on the live chat after dropping the phone call at 95 minutes.  In 26 minutes waiting on there the status is now:

All agents are currently assisting others. Your position in queue is 56 Thank you for your patience.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Same thing here in Adelaide. Mobile data working, no cable yet they say no outages. 

Highlighted

So I see outages in Qld, SA as well as NSW so it seems pretty widespread. 

Highlighted

So it's country wide. Unbelievable. I thought it might have been a cable torn up in the street. How come I wonder why they are not admitting a major fault/outage.

Patience!!!!! Acknowledgement perhaps that a fault exists.

Highlighted

The outage tool is now showing an outage for my location. 

Internet Service is disrupted
Expected resolution within 2 days! 
I would expect it to be quicker though, once they have figured out what happened.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Same issue in Little Bay, NSW (Sydney).

No outage according to Telstra's check page.

2hrs on the phone waiting since about 7:30..   "transferred" after 2 hrs and get busy signal and line dropped out.

Now waiting on phone for over 40 mins again ..   can't see the likelihood of getting any support.   :-(

And still shows "no outage"

Highlighted

yeah once they know the issue it usually does get fixed pretty quick the problem/long part is finding what the issue is

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Similiar situation here. Lost connection 1am... followed instruction online to solve the issue, spoke with support who was unable to detect the source of the problem and was told someone would be back in touch. He spoke quite quickly so some details I may have missed. Requested a call back 8 hours later and sfter 10 mins was told it was due to an outage in QLD, NSW ans SA but it hadnt been listed on the outage page yet. Standard response that it will be 24 to 48 hours. 

Highlighted

yeah sadly all you can really do is keep an eye on https://servicestatus.telstra.com/

you can probably request for Interim data if you have a Telstra prepaid or postpaid mobile or data plan 

also just keep a list of the days the service is out for as they will credit you back within 2 billing cycles for the outages

Highlighted

While any outage is regrettable, it seems Telstra drops the ball badly by not acknowledging the extent of the outage.  If we knew that Telstra was aware of our outage, and working on it, it would be far preferable.  Other service providers do this well (Ausgrid is a standout) - Telstra gets a big fail.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Voila!!! It's back .... At least on my line. 

Highlighted

I am having the same problem this morning. 

Everything on the modem side looks fine & I have gone through the recommended troubleshooting process. All looks fine from inside the house. 

It is more irritating is that I cannot get through to anyone in telstra/troubleshooting via phone. It is sooooo frustrating to think country’s premier internet service provider has not enough phone support nor adequate reporting system to inform its customers about outages. Or even get an adequate call center to answer problems. 

I am based in carindale queensland and wondering anyone else is having internet trouble in the area. (Post code 4152 - south east suburbs of Brisbane metropolitan area?

Thank you kindly 

p.s. after listing to telstra call waiting music for more than 4 hours this morning - with the hope of getting through to their ( reported 20 minutes delay warning announcement) I feel like throwing up. 🤮

Highlighted

Mines gone again concord

Highlighted

Back up in Killara as well - as of about 80 mins ago apparently.  The outage site, having finally indicated the outage, still indicates an outage.

Thank goodness for iPhone tethering and Optus 4G!  To be fair, Telstra 4G would also work.

Highlighted

I’m having problems in Killara too and so are others. Small businesses in Gordon too. 12 days already!!!

Highlighted

No brisbane

Highlighted

I have same issue now how did you fix it?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit