RunawayJosie
Level 1: Cadet

No service

Answered
Since Wednesday I have had no internet . Troubleshooting tells me that there is a cable outage in my street . It's been 4 days now . When can I hope to have my service restored ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: No service

Hi RunawayJosie,

If you enter your suburb on the Telstra outage's page it should give an estimated time that it will be fixed.
https://outages.telstra.com.au
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Hi RunawayJosie,

If you enter your suburb on the Telstra outage's page it should give an estimated time that it will be fixed.
https://outages.telstra.com.au
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
oxy84
Level 1: Cadet

Mine is exactly the same. First noticed on Wednesday night. Postcode 3135. 2.5 hours with Telstra trying to get it diagnosed with no luck. Have finally managed to get an appointment offered for Monday. Just wanting input on whether that appointment is worth keeping, if it turn out to be a street fault. Time off is a hassle, but no internet for nearly a week is a worse hassle.

Ran the diagnose tool and it suggests there's a street fault. Visited the outages page and it says otherwise... 

Ho oxy84,

I can say from personal experience that the Telstra outages page is not always correct. I have a problem with my local tower station not working due to a fire 4 months ago. The outage page says there's no problems in my area but I know for a fact that there is and Telstra are still working on fixing it.
If they find a fault due to you having an appointment it might make them fix the problem quicker.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now