Highlighted
noob
Level 1: Cadet

No upgrade path from Cable Elite to Cable Ultimate?

Answered

HI,

First post - hope I get it right!!!

I have just upgraded my 200Gb cable elite service to 200Gb 3.0 Cable Elite which apparently is what they call used to call Cable Ultimate.

I did the upgrade by chat which was pretty cool BUT at no point did the telstra worker (Katherine) advise me that this was a new contract  and it was only when I asked this explicitly near the end that she advised that it was a new 24 month commitment. The reason stated was that my old contract had expired.

My understanding was that I could upgrade at will from my existing contract (indeed there is an online option to upgrade/downgrade my plan to a degree but admittedly no Ultimate option).

Is this correct or should I be looking at getting Telstra to review the chat conversation for misleading advice?

Also there was some confusion over the naming of the plan with the Katherine referring to 3.0 Elite whereas the website refers to Cable Ultimate.  I am still half expecting NOT to get the plan upgrade - just a new modem but we shall see.

Update: Got a call 30 mins later to advise that PO Box address was not going to work. No drama there.  Also noticed in the chat that there is no order number. That might prove to be a problem  if I want to follow up. Anyway my real concern is that I was railroaded into a new contract when all I wanted was to upgrade. Was this necessary?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: No upgrade path from Cable Elite to Cable Ultimate?

Hi Noob,

A few things don't sound correct here (including the plan name, you are being put on Cable Elite not Ultimate by the sounds of it)

If you send me a Private Message with your Name and Email address, I'll email you and help you resolve the issues with the new contract, and the plan they've arranged for you. We'll have it all fixed up for you in no time :-)

Unless you took up a special offer though, there is no need to recontract to go to Cable Ultimate. However I will check this all out for you, and you'll be able to let me know what you would like to do :-)

You can PM me here: PM Steph

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Noob,

A few things don't sound correct here (including the plan name, you are being put on Cable Elite not Ultimate by the sounds of it)

If you send me a Private Message with your Name and Email address, I'll email you and help you resolve the issues with the new contract, and the plan they've arranged for you. We'll have it all fixed up for you in no time :-)

Unless you took up a special offer though, there is no need to recontract to go to Cable Ultimate. However I will check this all out for you, and you'll be able to let me know what you would like to do :-)

You can PM me here: PM Steph

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

noob

Hi Steph,

I have PM'd you. Looking forward to a solution - thanks.

Noob

noob

HI Steph,

Congrats on sorting all this out. I now have the fast connection i wanted, a substantial rate discount, a new modem and no contract.

To anyone out there with Telstra support issues I would say contact CrowdSupport right now. They're the best.

Noob

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now