CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Poseidon
Level 2: Rookie

Nobody Is Listening

Answered

Original NBN order dated 29 July 2013 progressed normally until the Telstra Technician appointment. The tech stayed very late trying to get the system to work and eventually had to reconnect the copper phone line in the dark. He advised me that someone would be in touch to organise another appointment when the problem was resolved. There was no contact from Telstra so I eventually phoned and was told that the order had stuck due to an error and would have to be rolled back and this would take from 10 to 15 days. I think this was about the 22nd of August. After another call on the 10th of September I was told that someone would ring me within 48 hours to arrange another tech appointment. This never happened and when I rang I was told that I would receive a call yesterday the 14th September. Once again this never happened. I understand that problems do occur and it is not that I am not able to use the phone or the internet as the ADSL is still working. What I cannot understand is why I have to keep chasing this up and nobody ever contacts me to tell me what is going on. The strange thing is that I can connect to the fibre with the new Gateway which the technician left here so technically it seems that things are working. Come on Telstra, TALK to me. I just wan't this finalised.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Nobody Is Listening

Great, keep us updated if you need any further assistance 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Poseidon,

Appreciate the frustration here and I definitely want to help see you connected on the NBN as soon as possible.

Firstly, your quickest way to get an update on your order will be to speak with our Fibre team on 1800 TFIBRE (1800 834273). If you're able to connect it may mean that a technician is not required an simply needs completion on our end.

If you have any trouble getting this closed off please let me know and I will assist further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Poseidon
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks JesseS,

I spoke to them today. They are still ytrying to cancel the original order so that a new one can be raised. Once this is done a new Tech appointment will be arranged as the phone still needs to be swapped from copper to fibre. Must be a terrible order system or the same mistake is being made over and over.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Great, keep us updated if you need any further assistance 

View solution in original post

silcar
Level 6: Bloodhound

My experience is that they do listen.

My experience is that they do talk to you.

My experience is that they do not talk to each other.

My experience is that the records are not properly maintained.

Christiaan

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit