Highlighted
Offline_Dummy
Level 1: Cadet

Offline for 5 days - Compensation?

Answered

My cable Internet and also my Foxtel connection have been down since Friday sometime, and on looking at the Telstra Service Status page it indicates the service will be resumed on Tuesday 8 November at 6pm.

Why is an email not sent to customer telling them of problems or "planned maintenance" instead of people trying to test their equipment or calling out technicians at our own cost.

Will Telstra compensate customer for the 5 days of inconvenience with no TV, no Internet and no Foxtel??? I'll bet I will still have to pay the full Foxtel bill at the end of the month and the full Telstra bill!!!

I'm very bitter about this, I am in the midst of selling my unit, and am left with no internet at this crucial stage.

Outage.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Offline for 5 days - Compensation?

For sure. A cable network issue can impact both cable internet and tv.

For the Foxtel service you would need to contact Foxtel to discuss the billing and any adjustment due for the outage.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

You can request an adjustment for the downtime, you would just need to speak to the billing team, and if both the Foxtel and Internet are with Telstra they should able to help with an adjustment on the downtime for both services...

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Offline_Dummy
Level 1: Cadet

My Foxtel is with Foxtel, but obviously uses the same cable network as my Telstra cable internet, the TV reception has gone off to our unit block as well, so assuming the cable network has something to do with this too, so lose out all round.

Accepted Solution

For sure. A cable network issue can impact both cable internet and tv.

For the Foxtel service you would need to contact Foxtel to discuss the billing and any adjustment due for the outage.
Helpful Links

Level 19: Deputy Director

Definitely should be able to! I had Cable congestion for 7weeks until it was fixed. for the period that my speeds were not what i was supposed to be getting i was compensated for them both. If you cant get anywhere ask to have a complaint logged and they will be able to sort it all out for you.
I dont think you should be paying for a service that you are not receiving!
Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more