CrowdSupport®
lankyzor
Level 2: Rookie

OpenDNS and Netgear CGD24N

I am trying to set up my home broadband connection to use the OpenDNS, I've got a Netgear CGD24N-2BPAUS modem and the option to set DNS servers is greyed out.

How do I change it at the modem level and not just at my computer level?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: OpenDNS and Netgear CGD24N

Hi Iankyzor,

Are you able to choose an other option from the DDNS Service drop down box?

If you cannot enable any setting at all, I would recommend taking the following options:

- Factory reset the modem, this option is found under the Set Password menu option.

- If you are still unable to enable this service you can contact our Telstra Platinum service on 13 75 87

- Upgrade for $75 to a Docsis 3.0 modem or bridge your current modem to a BYO router: http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/setting-up-your-cable-home-network-gateway-in-bridge-mode

The userguide for the CGD24G which may help you can be found here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/CGD24G_UM_22May09.pdf

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

lankyzor
Level 2: Rookie

I did a bit more research, turns out that Telstra has installed their own firmware on the device and I can't change the values that I want to change.

I'll have to look into bridging the modem to my Apple switch, I have the Apple switch in already because the Telstra supplied modem also limits the number of Wireless devices I can have connected at the same time.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I had a feeling that may have been the case, but couldn't find anything to confirm.

The link that I provided should help with the bridging.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit