terryc01
Level 2: Rookie

Order Cancelled

Answered

I am curious as to why my broadband order was cancelled. Last week I  received a smart modem and all worked fine. The next day it stopped working. I called that number on the order tracking page who could not help - said it was being provisioned but no further details. They gave me a another number to follow up with. When I called that number I was told my order had been cancelled, no explanation as to why or who had cancelled it, and was advised to call sales to reinstate my order.

Sales couldn't reinstate the order - they had to do it from scratch which took 45 minutes over the phone. I mean I was only at work and had nothing else to do.  

Why would an order be cancelled without consulting the customer?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Order Cancelled

Hi @terryc01,

It's concerning to hear that your order was cancelled without any details being provided. 

Our Cancellations team on 132200 (say disconnect) from 8am-9:30pm EST Monday to Saturday and 8am-8pm EST Sunday can investigate the cancelled order details to advise of the issue. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

terryc01
Accepted Solution

The top of the track order page had this message
"There's an issue with your connection. We'll be in touch soon to resolve it." 
No one has been in touch
There was a number listed - they couldn't help but gave me another number.
I called the second number and they couldn't help even though they were supposedly the team responsible for it and they gave a third number - the identical one to the one you provided.
I called that number. They couldn't tell me why either nor could they reinstate it. Their solution was to process another order which took 45 minutes. Even then I had to visit a shop to get the second order fixed as it was not how it was described to me - for a start it was more expensive than the original order.
So please don't insult me or waste my time by saying call this number unless you actually know it is someone who actually tell me what happened to my order.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @terryc01,

It's concerning to hear that your order was cancelled without any details being provided. 

Our Cancellations team on 132200 (say disconnect) from 8am-9:30pm EST Monday to Saturday and 8am-8pm EST Sunday can investigate the cancelled order details to advise of the issue. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

terryc01
Accepted Solution

The top of the track order page had this message
"There's an issue with your connection. We'll be in touch soon to resolve it." 
No one has been in touch
There was a number listed - they couldn't help but gave me another number.
I called the second number and they couldn't help even though they were supposedly the team responsible for it and they gave a third number - the identical one to the one you provided.
I called that number. They couldn't tell me why either nor could they reinstate it. Their solution was to process another order which took 45 minutes. Even then I had to visit a shop to get the second order fixed as it was not how it was described to me - for a start it was more expensive than the original order.
So please don't insult me or waste my time by saying call this number unless you actually know it is someone who actually tell me what happened to my order.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @terryc01

Thanks for that feedback and very sorry to read about the time spent trying to have this matter resolved.

Crowd Support is an unsecured platform and many of the members responding to posts are not Telstra staff. For this reason this is not a matter that can be resolved via this contact method.

Ivan has provided you with the contact details of the best team to assist and we have no other information to offer regarding your order.

Please let us know how you go and do reach out if you have any other general questions or concerns.

- Jimmy

terryc01

So is there a contact option than can resolve it? So far all the numbers I have been given only lead to more numbers and char sessions only lead to more numbers. At this point I have given up on trying to get an answer.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If there are no notes on your account, then you may never find out why the original order was cancelled. 

Your only other option for trying to find out why would be to lodge a formal complaint via www. telstra.com/complaints 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now