Babm
Level 1: Cadet

Order Tracker can't find order number supplied by Telstra

Answered

Hoping someone from Telstra can explain this ...

How long does it take for an order number to find its way into the tracking system? Or have we been given the wrong order number?

We received email from Telstra Notifications late yesterday titled "Important information about your nbn", giving our order number and appointment date for changeover to NBN, along with a "Track your appointment" link to the Telstra Order Tracker with that number. However, that site just keeps saying "Sorry, we are unable to retrieve details of your order at this time. Please try again later.".

To cap it off, this morning we received another email from Telstra Notifications saying the Telstra Connection Kit has been dispatched and giving a StarTrack tracking number and link to the StarTrack tracking site. That tracking site actually finds that number - but because it's for a parcel dispatched on 22 June 2018 and delivered on 23 June to somewhere in Victoria, we think it's probably the wrong number ... we're in the ACT and our order was raised only last Monday, 9 July.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem? And did it work out all right in the end?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Order Tracker can't find order number supplied by Telstra

I'd recommend calling Telstra's NBN case management team on 1800 834 273. They will be able to give you an update on your order and have a look into whats gone wrong.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

I'd recommend calling Telstra's NBN case management team on 1800 834 273. They will be able to give you an update on your order and have a look into whats gone wrong.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Highlighted
Babm
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you! I called the number and got straight through to someone who was able to look up the details and let me know how things really stand with the order and the connection kit.

Apparently there have been technical problems with the Online Tracker today and that's why it keeps saying it can't find the order details, but the order is in place and all is well with it.

We shouldn't have been given a StarTrack number yet - somehow a number was inserted into the email when it shouldn't have been. The parcel has been dispatched but the tracking number isn't actually available yet.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now