CrowdSupport®
LC1311
Level 2: Rookie

Order still not connected

It’s been over a month since I started a new order for a home broadband service. I had previously come from Belong, then Optus because neither company could fix or connect my service after months of waiting. I have now been without internet for 2 months and still waiting for any kind of update. I have spent hours every couple of days on the phone and chat to no avail. My original connection date was 6th September. Apparently they’ve now escalated it but no one can tell me when it’ll be connected. I went through this with Optus and I am sick of telecommunication companies giving me the run around. No one can communicate with me, even when told someone would call me after x days, I still had to call myself to get an update and transferred between different departments because this company doesn’t communicate with each other. This is absolutely ridiculous. If this wasn’t my last hope at getting a service connection, I would have definitely found another company. I’m calling the telecommunications ombudsman tomorrow if I haven’t received a concrete answer by then.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Order still not connected

@LC1311 Is it an ADSL or NBN service?

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
LC1311

ADSL. 

@LC1311 wrote:

ADSL. 

@LC1311 I thought that might be the case. There can be a couple of reasons why you have had issues connecting with an ISP.

1. No more ADSL ports available at your exchange.

2. NBN is being built in your area so no new ADSL connection are allowed.

LC1311

Ok well the problem is that no one can communicate anything with me. 

@LC1311 wrote:

Ok well the problem is that no one can communicate anything with me. 

@LC1311 I certainly understand your unhappy with the way you are being treated :-(

I suggest to log a complaint https://tel.st/4amxg  and that will give you a reference number. It will take a few days for that to be dealt with, but if not, come back with that number and one of the helpful Telstra guys here will be able to escalated it further.

@LC1311 BTW, what suburb and state are you located?

LC1311

I’ve logged a complaint so hopefully they start taking me seriously. 

I’m in Clayfield, Queensland. 

Level 23: Superhero

Have you considered mobile broadband?

It's a far superior service. I've been using it almost 4 years and  it's pretty much  fault free

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

@LC1311 wrote:

I’ve logged a complaint so hopefully they start taking me seriously. 

I’m in Clayfield, Queensland. 

@LC1311 Looking at the NBN build map, it is showing your area is currently under construction. Which will be why you cannot get connected to ADSL. So unfortunately, you are going to have to wait till it is completed. 

Putting your address in the NBN search https://www.nbnco.com.au/  should show you a completion date.

I put a false address in of 53 ADELAIDE ST CLAYFIELD QLD 4011 and it shows a possible completion date of Jan-Mar 2020 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @LC1311

This is most certainly not the feedback we like to see coming from our customers.

Can I ask for copy of the complaint SR reference which was generated once you lodged?

If yes, I can then use this to contact the complaints team on your behalf and help have someone assigned for contact to be made as soon as possible.

Please let me know so I can best assist further.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

LC1311

SR 1-2204445641217

Support Team
Support Team

Hi LC1311, You complaint would have been received and a Case Manager appointed to investigate what is going on with your order. This shall normally take between 4-5 Business Days for you to be contacted and for a resolution to be looked into. We shall do all we can to have this looked into and you contacted asap. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit