CrowdSupport®
ceilz
Level 2: Rookie

Order to transfer to Optus nbn and landline stuck in provisioning since 5th January

Answered

How can I get telstra to fix the issue I have with my landline/ nbn order being stuck in provisioning this was requested to be tranferred to Optus 5th January. I have contacted Telstra several times and a webform was supposed to be submitted. Optus ask when Telstra will fix it. No one is getting back to me I spent 25 minutes on hold today to Telstra waiting to be transferred to the correct department, gave the girl my number to send me a link if I didn't get through. Received no link. Received no reference number. Last contact with reference no. 17th Jan INT 1-2338850816606

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Order to transfer to Optus nbn and landline stuck in provisioning since 5th January

Telstra won't be able to tell you that your phone line is working fine as you are now an Optus customer and will need to speak with them. It does sounds like the redirection from Telstra to Optus hasn't been completed properly, but Optus needs to request that on your behalf.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Order to transfer to Optus nbn and landline stuck in provisioning since 5th January

Hi ceilz,

Have you spoken to the Disconnection's team on 132200?

I'd suggest speaking to the Disconnection's team, which are based in Adelaide.

When you ring, say "Disconnection" to the automated lady as the reason for your call.

When you speak to a Telstra employee ask them if they're in the Disconnection's team. If they're not, get them to transfer you to that department.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
ceilz

Thanks I think I did speak to them the first time. I will try again.

They might be able to help you out further with your problem, or get it escalated for you.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
ceilz

No joy. Another 20 min call. They wouldn't put me through to disconnections said they could handle it. But then when they look into it now, they say that it is Optus who must fix the error with the order in provisioning, they can't escalate it. 

Currently I can receive calls from Optus phones but not telstra, people who call get "number invalid message" My elderly Dad has been in hospital and can't call my landline.

I have no final bill from Telstra and if I get charged in the end for a service they are not providing, they say I will need to contact them to discuss compensation.

Guess I will now try Optus again.

Hi ceilz,

The employee you spoke to shouldn't have refused to transfer you.

Whenever a Telstra employee refuses to transfer me to the Disconnection's team I hang up and ring again, as some things have to be done by speaking to the Disconnection's team. 

I'd personally be ringing Telstra again until you can speak to the Disconnection's team.

They need to finalise your disconnection. They'll also be able to tell you what you're final bill amount will be, and if you don't think it's the right amount you can dispute it with them at the time of your call.

This could also be why Telstra customer's aren't able to get through. 

ceilz

Another week of runaround from both Telstra and optus who now say the number is ported correctly. And my account is finalised according to the Telstra employee I spoke with today who said they are from the disconnection team.He did say that he can see one order stil open on NBN end that has not been closed. But there is nothing that can be done I just have to be patient. Its been almost a month!! 

My Dad and brother calling from their telstra lines still get the message "you have reached Telstra messagebank" this service is invalid for the number you have called". That is not a working phone number. 

According to Telstra my phone line is working fine.

Accepted Solution

Telstra won't be able to tell you that your phone line is working fine as you are now an Optus customer and will need to speak with them. It does sounds like the redirection from Telstra to Optus hasn't been completed properly, but Optus needs to request that on your behalf.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

ceilz

Thanks I realize I am now an optus customer. Yet somehow my line has telstra message bank when telstra customers call it.

Thanks everyone who has tried to assist.

At least I was able to confirm today that my account with telstra has had its final bill, a couple of days ago a different Telstra employee said I would still be billed in February and the active account with Telstra was causing my issues. Seems not, since the account is officially closed and the issues persist.

Surely the telcos should talk to each other instesd of the customer trying to figure out who is responsible  at what point in their IT system. 

The simple answer as to who is responsible is that it is whoever you have contracted to provide you with your service (in this case Optus). They are to act on your behalf if another party needs to do something to rectify an issue.

In this case Optus needs to put in a request to Telstra to fix the porting issue (Telstra need to put a redirect in their numbering database to forward the call to Optus' system).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit