Highlighted
maveri
Level 3: Gumshoe

Our Best Ever Cable Broadband Deal - 2233

Answered

Hi,

I'd appreciate it if someone could check out why this suburb (postcode 2233) is now not available for this deal?

I understand that the postcode spans a few suburbs so maybe this is why?

I have the telstra cable running past my house!  I also used to have foxtel on too so I know the cable is there and it's a telstra one. Also, if I go via the normal sign-up process and select cable and get to fill in my address, it says congratulations you can get cable :-)

Anyhow - look forward to getting this sorted

Can I just call the number and sign up anyhow? (i.e. enter a working postcode and then just talk with someone?)

Thanks in advance

Maveri

:-)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tyrone
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Re: Our Best Ever Cable Broadband Deal - 2233

Hi Maveri

Just checked the offer and ran a cable test to your address, everything is fine ! please feel free to ring 1800 330 192 and apply, 

Sorry you got the run around with this.

-Tyrone

Always look on the bright side of life Smiley Happy and remember, kudos it!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Is it this deal you're referring to? http://www.telstra.com.au/latest_offers/actually/?red=/actually Unfortunately, this is not available for your postcode
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
maveri

Hi,

Why isn't it available from my postcode?

I have telstra cable running past my door!

When I entered my postcode last week it accept it but not this week - how come?

I'm curious as to why it's not available now when my area has cable AND if I try and sign up with other cable offerings on telstra it says I can get cable - what gives?

Thanks

Level 21: Augmented

there are a few different cable offerings, i think what gets offered though has something to do with the resources available, backhaul, infrastructure etc, not all the cable out there is equal, select availability of plans, speeds etc would likely be impacted by this I suspect
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
maveri

Possibly,

Yet if I select the 200gb package via telstras normal signup pages - the same as what's been offered here bar the discount, I can sign up

Hmmm

EDIT:

I suspect it's got to do with the fact that 2233 as a postcode covers a number of suburbs, some of which have cable and some don't. Time to try the number and see what a rep says I think. I was sort of hoping for a more definitive answer but I guess calling up will tell me otherwise or not. I'd love to move off adsl if I could

Tyrone

Hi Maveri ,

I have just sent you a PM , if you can reply to it I will have a look at whats going on for you Smiley Very Happy

-Tyrone

maveri

Thanks - I have replied and filled out the form :-)
Tyrone
Accepted Solution

Hi Maveri

Just checked the offer and ran a cable test to your address, everything is fine ! please feel free to ring 1800 330 192 and apply, 

Sorry you got the run around with this.

-Tyrone

maveri

Thank you :-)

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more