Level 2: Rookie

Out door filter

I got a TELSTRA  line coming from street to home which goes to a square plastic box on the side of my house

In the box are two other cables that come inside my home to be terminated to the main line from the street

One is internet only and the other is phone and fax. (NO NBN YET This time next year.)

Cables are connected by gel filled connectors to the main line.

I have been told I need a filter / spliter  that connects these wires inside the of this box.

Is this true and what is it called and a clear picture will be nice as well.


Thanks too all



Was this helpful?

  • Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Out door filter

Could you provide a picture of the inside and outside of the box?

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Out door filter

To split ADSL and phone signals, a central splitter would normally be installed.

You need to get a licensed cabler to do the work (most electricians can do it).

They will supply and install.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now