Highlighted
danrossi
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Outage HFC Epping Area

I've just got home , and at 12am on the dot the connection dropped out without warning. I was experiencing timeout problems and tried to do some ping tests. And then complete shut down. Modem connection is offline. 

This is the 5th time this year. On cue every two or 3 months this happens and it won't come up for 3 days. I tried the online troubleshooter and it timed out because I obviously need to tether to mobile data to do it ! I need this damn thing back up to do work. 

Your lost password system still sends clear text passwords to mobile. This is like something you would expect in 1999 not now. What year is this ? I asked to stop doing this. And generate new tokens.

You could at least provide Google authenticator and Yubikey hardware two factor authentication also. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES
danrossi

Re: Outage HFC Epping Area

the troubleshooter is timing out
danrossi

I've had an absolute gutful and get treated with contempt. I want a credit after all of these disconnections.5-6 times this year alone. 3 days at a time.
danrossi

The AI support chat is hopeless and wasting people's time. massive waste of time and a load of rubbish. have to be transferred anyway. The broken "self serve" server is just as much rubbish. Poor maintenance. This is down completely.

If I pay $78, I should at least expect an automated monitoring network. Not AI chat bots.

https://selfserve.telstra.com.au/ssc/auth/1.0/ssoauth
danrossi

3 hours later it's back up but it may go down 

Support Team
Support Team

Hey @danrossi

Thanks for your post and I am sorry for the trouble with your service recently. I am glad that you seemingly back online now.

Just wanted to check in to ensure that this is still working for you? Do you need any further assistance?

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 19: Deputy Director
Level 19: Deputy Director

Does telstra show outages on outages.telstra.com?  That is if you have a smart modem or other device to connect to internet.  What is your setup in terms of modem, single house, block of units?

In my area it was not unusual to have blackouts during the night due to maintenance work, could this be possible? 

It is odd that it is down for that long. Any NBN work in area?

If you use wireless network could someone be doing a DOS on you? It could be someone who visits the area occassionally. Can you access the modem-router when this happens and post up results of diagnostics tab under Advanced settings. 

Really, without much information we can't help you. 

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more