Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Outage in Epping, NSW?

Woohoo Smiley Very Happy

Lomax
Level 2: Rookie

@JCKH wrote:

Hey guys,

We got technicians out having a look at the Epping Hub right now and it looks like they've identified the issue. Shouldn't be too far off a fix now Smiley Very Happy

Cheers

Are us North Ryde based users connected to this "Epping hub"?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I've got you listed down as an example service that has been impacted and they have your details so once I hear back from them i'll make sure to double check your location and service with them Smiley Happy

Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
js
Level 1: Cadet

Just thought I'd add my two bobs worth to this discussion.

I'm located in Marsfield.

I have also been experiencing packet loss in varying degrees for several weeks. It continues to be a problem as I type. The packet loss varies in severity. Sometimes as low as 2%, sometimes as high as 15%. 

I'm firmly in the camp that believes any packet loss is not acceptable packet loss.

I haven't complained about it anywhere else at this point. Will continue to monitor it and am interested to see what develops.

Cheers,

JS

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey guys,

Just a quick update before the weekend, the epping hub is currently a work in progress as they have identified a noise issue which is causing the intermittent packet loss and service disruptions. The hub in North Ryde is also on the radar and it seems the same type of noise issue as Epping is also playing a bit of havic there too, so they've got this hub lined up for resolution as well.

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA yet as i'm not too sure what exactly is involved with addressing these types of issues, but they are closely monitoring for any other network related issues in and around these areas. If there are any serious concerns while works are in progress, please contact Bigpond Tech Support or leave a note for me here and i'll pick it up on monday Smiley Happy

Cheers

Josh | Tech Expert |

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Yep all hands on deck. If this is still occurring please let me know.
electroteque
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Hi guys I am also in Marsfield,  I have not been experiencing packet loss at all unless you are talking about the networks between us and america then there is some issues somewhere on the line, but totally not in the telstra network another network provider. my ping to telstra has always been 6ms I get the full 30MB, i do not see any packet loss. 

What I have been experiencing is pain going through the motions of dealing with phone support. I moved to cable in the hope that I would get a working internet connection because the telephone lines are poorly serviced in my area and I was only getting 3MB on ADSL. The issue that made me move was they took 3 days to fix the telephone line right outside my door and they kept saying it was an outage, simply the technicians didn't bother coming for 3 days !

I work from home and rely on the internet to do my job as Im a developer. So because of the poor telephone line service and the poor SLA to fix it I simply had to fork out the extra money to get working internet. On top of this the massive global capacity issues TPG were having , it was clear why things were becoming really slow and everyone experiencing the same problem. 

I thought moving to cable would fix my issues but I am wrong !  I am guessing this issue is related to my cable connection going down on the Friday and it taking until 8pm on the Monday to be fixed. I am not a company and am not in an area to get optic fibre obviouslly or else I would jump onto that, however after being forced to pay double than what I was paying for ADSL, this is seriouslly unacceptable.

I have had nothing but trouble with Telstra since I moved, for one I was under the impression I signed up for a bundle with the phone but was being charged seperate, then I had to stuff around claiming credits, then after a few months the system decided to take my credit from my bank account because of bugs that I have asked to be fixed and probably never will be looked at so it can continue stealing money from people. 

Can someone shed the light if people are seriouslly working on it around the clock to get it going, or is it truely taking 4 days for a technician to bother to go out to fix it. What exactly is the problem, is this solution simply patch work and we are seriouslly not getting what we pay for  ?

It seems I am caught up in the mentality that the masses simply use the internet for facebook and other social crap and having the internet down for so long when you are paying premium prices is ok and acceptable, we don't even get any notice or a clear explanation wtf is going on. That weekend was hell, I had to tether to my phone and maxing out my data it cost me over $60 which I unlikely can claim compensation for.  

NOW the same problem has happened again tonight, the cable has gone down again at 8pm, and I am on the mobile data again and will certainly use up data again so this month my internet bill is going to be $200 or more !  $100 + mobile data bills. It's a total scam, and I think one incident is enough to hand out backup mobile broadband sticks if the problem keeps happening. I am having to call up in the morning and request just that because I cannot go another day without a connection or else I lose income. I still haven't even had a chance to go through the motions of claiming credit for 4 days because there is no such system to do this automatically for you,  now it will be 5 days in the month ! This is certainly wasting alot of my time I am forced to do research into what the hell is going on because information is being held from me. 

Please someone explain to me exactly what is going on, because I already have two complaints with the TIO from last time and I will have to go through with them if I cannot get what I need tommorow. I think I have a right to get a broadband stick while the cable services are down, and then stop using it when its resolved. 

electroteque

Also can anyone let me know if Bigpond Ultimate is available in my area now, because I have not been given any notice at all, its not on the website as an offering and I could go forever without even knowing. 

electroteque

It just came back online, I will still need to organise a backup. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Electroteque,

It sounds like things have definately not been up to scratch with your service and I would love to offer a hand in getting things up and running for you the way that they should have been from day 1!

The issues at hand are unfortunately a bit out of my scope of influence to help with directly, but if you would like, I can get some further details about whats been going on and set you up with case manager who will try and get to the bottom of it all, get some improvements in the quality of the service you've had so far and also ensure that you don't have to keep talking to different people each time you need to contact Telstra.

If you would like to PM i'd be more than happy to try and get things back on track for you Smiley Happy

Cheers

Josh | Tech Expert |

goosmurf

My connection dropped out around 3:15pm and is currently still down.

Prior to that heavy packet loss was observed beginning at 3:05pm.

This morning between 10:25am and 10:35am packet loss ~15%.

Halp?

electroteque

Farout ok, please PM me. I am unsure why I have to dig into forums to get the right information. The 1st level support are not helpful, I need 2nd and 3rd level support to give me clear explanations what is going on, if I need to tweak any signal settings, if people are actually working around the clock to bring up bad lines asap or simply we are waiting for the next available technician. 

I'm afraid I have just requested for the Ultimate 88 bundle, this will give me a new Cisco modem and will cancel out any issues with the modem. 

They won't give me a 3G mobile broadband backup because they dont believe the line has issues, even though it took 4 days to fix last time and went down again last night, so they want to confirm the modem, so to avoid all that upgrading right now is the best option. 

We know already there is massive issues, from the looks of it noisy lines just like the crap telephone lines, and it's going to always go down, I do not trust this service at all, I am just waiting for the NBN !  So we can look at things once I get the upgraded modem perhaps ? Possibly the signal settings can be tweaked that is beyond my understanding, I am now noticing this packet loss again, but this is pings to american networks so its def the provider inbetween teltra and skype does cutout if that means much. I run all my tests always on the ethernet not wireless. 

I'm afraid I will not check here often so if possible can you PM me and I will message my email, email is much preferable. 

electroteque

That is bizarre yours is down now and mine is up ? So is it isolated ? There is definitely trouble, we deserve backups at no cost so we don't have to stuff around with getting credits I reckon. I lost my whole afternoon on the phone just for that, which isn't as bad as losing 4 days ringing to tell the connection was down and asking when it will be back up and freaking out there was no connection, and not able to email clients etc. My bet it goes back down tonight. For what we pay compared to what we paid for ADSL this should never happen. I only joined and it looks like my service is going to be 80% uptime not 99%.

I'm sure this is a good product, its definitely an improvement over ADSL because of the bad copper in our area but frankly, our area should have been the first to get optic fibre but because it's now back in the hands of the liberals this is all purely poltical now, they don't care about the people who really are in trouble ! 

electroteque

I'd also like to say, I was truely not happy that it takes 3 days for a technician to bother coming out to patch up the phone lines out the front, and for the entire 3 days the 1st level support kept saying it was an outage when truely nobody bothered to come out until the 3rd day I had a complaints person on the phone and they came an hour later. This is why I left ADSL or else i'd be much prefer to be paying $50 a month for unlimited internet compared to a solution I was hoping was more stable and twice as expensive.  

Now I really need to gain an understanding what they truely mean by an outage when it comes to the cable connection, and that a technician is actually work on it when they say it's an outage.

Why I ask is because none of this shows up as issues on the service status at all but they keep saying its an outage We should be notified what is going on so we dont have to waste time calling up I reckon. Are they actually disconnecting the line to work on it, or are these isolated issues ? 

goosmurf

Mine came back up around 8:30pm.  Pretty long outage but I hope that it was part of a permanent fix...

electroteque

I don't think so, they are patching it up, it will go down again most likely. My 4 day downtime issue was 2 weeks ago btw, then it happened again last night at 8pm while I was in the middle of a skype call and took 12 hours or more to come back online. It's too frequent to be wishful for now. I will confirm if I was ever manage to get the 3G stick as backup as my router can do 3G also. 

It feels like we are beta testers for some roll out, so if this is the case we should know and get a discount for the trouble. I won't know until I get a proper explanation of the issue and once I upgrade to the Ultimate 88 bundle / cisco modem etc which took over 2 hours on the phone to get to that stage ! 

js

Okay, here's some good news to report amongst the gloom. 

I've been pinging packets left, right and centre this afternoon and received a reply to 100% of them.  This would have been outright impossible for me in a number of weeks. Hopefully I'm not prematurely claiming that progress has been made but it's looking promising here at least. Maybe it's coincidence, maybe not.

If someone at Telstra has changed something or fixed something, thankyou to them and thankyou to the blokes monitoring these threads for alerting the relevant people. If my packet loss problem sorted itself out that's good too, however somehow I doubt it.  

Hopefully the other people in the area with issues are getting some satisfaction too.

I'll continue to monitor things and advise if I've spoken too soon. 

Cheers,

js

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey guys,

I've just sent through for an update from the techs that were working in the area, hopefully the major disruptions that were had earlier in the week were part of the final fix. Will be back with more information as I get it.

Josh | Tech Expert |

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

OK I have good news, they have confirmed that the issues has been cleared out of the epping hub, and also the surrounding hubs as well(North Ryde included). He has advised me that for any continuing or new issues that arise, a tech appointment through BP Tech Support will need to be organised to assess the situation in the premises.

The issue itself was a result of noise interference to the HFC Cable network. A very very quick explanation is:

In the Upstream, "Noise"  generally consists of thermal noise produced by the active components and interferring noise from sources outside the network. In the downstream, noise generally occurs due to intermodulation from non-linearity of active components and interference from other communication networks operating on the same frequency of the network. There is shielding in place to protect the network from external noise, but where the shielding becomes insufficient due to the introduction of extra external influences, or where the noise becomes louder than the cable signal, interference with the end user is experienced. I'm not totally schooled in this type of thing so feel free to correct me if i'm off the mark, but i think thats a pretty good explanation.

Anyway, I hope this might be the end to the little saga we've had here, and I'd like to thank everyone for their patience while we attended this issues in the area. electroteque, I'll be in contact shortly to discuss further with you as well.

And of course if there are any further worries, you know where to find me! Smiley Happy

Cheers

Josh | Tech Expert |

goosmurf

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Fingers crossed that fixes everything!

goosmurf

Just FYI there is still the occasional bit of packet loss but it's not causing any problems.  Two spikes that may be of interest:

2012-02-10 13:41:40 28%

2012-02-11 17:36:41 17%

goosmurf

I think the problem is back.

Modem lost sync around 12:45pm.  Since then low level loss, most recently:

2012-02-13 12:46:42 100
2012-02-13 12:56:41 3
2012-02-13 13:01:41 12
2012-02-13 13:06:42 2
2012-02-13 13:11:42 4
2012-02-13 13:16:41 4
2012-02-13 13:21:41 1
2012-02-13 13:26:40 4
2012-02-13 13:31:42 4

I obviously noticed the dropout, and then noticed extreme slowness (read: unusable) just now.

Anyway just adding data points.

I've already had a technician out on 4th Feb who confirmed no issues with my modem and line into the house.  His exact words were "the problem is clearly outside of your premises".  Have called Bigpond support again just now and have another technician booked for 23rd Feb -- according to the phone support rep this will be an engineer who can diagnose & fix problems further upstream.  Fingers crossed.

electroteque

How are you testing this exactly ? Let me know and ill give a test. I woke up to mine flashing at send and not coming online. He reckons it's not a known "outage" so something to do with the moment which most likely is. Still waiting for the Cisco modem. 

goosmurf

I use a PC running FreeBSD as my gateway.  The Cisco modem runs in bridged mode.  So I have a cron job every 5 minutes to sample the loss:

# 144.135.18.32 is www.bigpond.com
HPING_OUTPUT=$(sudo /usr/local/sbin/hping 144.135.18.32 --traceroute --ttl 1 --tr-keep-ttl -c 100 2>&1)
LOSS_PCT=$(echo "$HPING_OUTPUT" | grep "packet loss" | awk '{ print $7 }' | sed s/%//)

if [ $LOSS_PCT -gt 0 ]; then
  date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S $LOSS_PCT" >> $HOME/first_hop.log
fi

Had to use hping because the first hop (Bigpond) router doesn't respond to ICMP echo.  hping elicits a response by sending out packets with TCP port 0 and a low TTL.

electroteque

Ahhh thanks heaps, I will use this script. I am having severe pain right now, these people think it's my modem which is not coming online just sitting on send and looping through that. 

In the interface it says

Upstream Ranging - In Progress

He organised a technician who will not call until Saturday now as I was busy Friday and nobody is able to speak to me right now.

So instead of not having internet for 5 days I had to call up billing to check the status of my Ultimate88, they seem the think the call centre person didn't request for my modem so I will truely be without internet for 5 days if I have to re-request for the new modem which I'm on yet another call, 1hr here. They didn't organise it, I have to wait another 5 days ! 

I totally need that backup they just leave you hanging instead of saying here you can pick this up from a Telstra shop in the meantime. Seriouslly bad business policies ! This is the worst company on the planet. 

electroteque

Seriously messed up even the bundle guy didn't know what he was talking about, I kept saying modem for Ultimate88 bundlefor $150 where is it and he kept saying there was two modems for this and then realised there was only the one and nobody bothered ordering it so I have to wait 10 days all up for it .

I will have to move away for 5 days now and work from somewhere else on a crappy TPG connection it seems, but this is seriouslly bad stuff. I have never had a week now I've never had to call up and go through so much stress just to get a working internet connection ! 

electroteque

Second thoughts, what is the model number of this Cisco modem, would it work if I could track this down and buy it myself ? At least I can get it much quicker than 5 days. If they bothered I could have it couriered tommorow. 

Highlighted
electroteque

They will gladly take your $100 a month, but then treat you like scum that having no internet for how many days is no big deal. I'm so tired and this is an endless battle, when will it end ? how much do I really have to pay for them to jump, this is seriously bad. 

goosmurf

Cisco EPC3925.

You sound like you're getting the run around from a lot of reps.  Try to make notes on all your interactions with BP support, particularly the dates & times, and get the person's name and reference numbers for everything.

Their internal systems are notoriously bad and orders get lost and screwed up all the time.  Unfortunately it really is up to you to keep track of things if you want resolution.

You might also try contacting the Office of the CEO. I can confirm they do respond as I have written several times (not all complaints, sometimes suggestions).  You might even be doing the staff a favour by bringing attention to systems & processes that really need fixing, keeping in mind that Bigpond staff struggle just as much with such brokenness as customers do.

Normally I'd say take your money elsewhere as it shouldn't be this hard but I realise the choices are limited -- hopefully the NBN fixes this particular problem.

electroteque

Hey mate thanks for the advise. Regarding the traceroute I've been running traceroutes not to bigpond but overseas and there is a definite problem between bigpond network and one of the connecting networks, but once my crappy connection is back up I can properly run a test. I will likely do it from my NAS which runs linux. I am also bridging my connection to a SOHO router but will try and see how it goes directly connected also. 

I have a complaint initiated with TIO but I have no idea how to go about it, they have indeed messed my billing up so bad because the system cannot handle calculations of credits properly it is too difficult to track how much I'm being cheated for. The $12 i was supposed to be credited for 4 days down last month only showed up as $6 for this bill, and then I have this phantom late payment notice that appeared after I paid my last bill and doesnt show up on any statements ! The wierd thing is some of the billing interfaces cannot even pull up any history listings from the database as its broken or the sql is broken and nobody has bothered fixing it. 

I will try with the complaints person but I lost my entire afternoon as I start work late, and on my mobile. Josh has offered to help me but sadly the connection did go down as expected during this process. I basically need to demand for a 3G broadband stick as backup. I was supposed to get the new modem to prove the problem is on the line if the same issue happens with the modem and sadly I cannot do this for another 5 days.

Regarding checking up on the status of the new modem, it is my fault for not calling up the next day to double check the blling person did her job properly, and from the looks of it obviouslly not, I do not trust anyone I speak to on the phone at all anymore. But seriouslly I do not have the time for it as everytime I get on the phone I lose 2-3 hours out of my day. 

If I can't get a 3G stick by tommorow i'll likely have to pay for one then fight to get them to pay for my trouble, I cannot stay on my mobile data for long as once I hit my limit it becomes really expensive like one guy clocked 1G over and got charged 4K ! 

The state of the internet in Australia is seriously dire, and yes once they stop bickering in pariiament and rolling out in electoral strategic areas, we should finaly get something that works, and get what we pay for. I defiitely cannot go back to ADSL because of my said issues with the poor line and poor SLA . 

electroteque

There is no way to DIY this modem, I cannot find it for sale anywhere or else I would have got it already if I ordered it. Total monopoly and out to stuff you up Smiley Happy

I'm going to put it out there that the rollout to 100MB has buggered my current modem / 30MB connection somehow and the whole thing is still in beta. 

chrisd

I've been experiencing this problem too, and while it looked like it had disappeared, it appears it's back again.

Below is a graph taken for pings to the first pingable hop (58.160.15.4) from my connection. 

Connected in Beecroft (right next to Epping) on cable ultimate with the cisco modem.

electroteque

Hi guys this is seriously messed up, ive had no internet for two days, the punk on the phone claimed it was the modem, and was making me wait until Saturday for some other fool to call me to only tell me the same thing even though of the pattern of downtime with the line. I just borrowed a netgear not motorola for the 30MB service, it is doing exactly the same thing. 

In the admin this is the log

Time Not Established  Critical (3)  Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ... 
 Time Not Established  Critical (3)  No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out 
 Time Not Established  Critical (3)  Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re- initializing MAC 
 Time Not Established  Critical (3)  Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re- initializing MAC 
 Time Not Established  Critical (3)  SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/Q... 
 Time Not Established  Critical (3)  Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ... 
 Time Not Established  Critical (3)  SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC f... 
 Time Not Established  Critical (3) 

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ... 

Etc etc.

So what has happened here, they have left a paying customer hanging, to race around finding alternative internet until someone realises its the line or 1000 people call up with the same problem. It's simply not getting online but attempting to, cannot get to IP address. Possibly this log is because its a different mac address ? I hope not it should detect and tell me to login to identify it. 

I bet by the time I get my cisco modem 10 days too late, it will not connect. I am currently on the phone to let them know and have been on hold for 20 mins so far. My brother in law works there and is going to check whats going on, but im still going to fight for a 3G backup, but will have to directly send a complaint to the CEO office I think. 

I rely solely on the internet for work, there is nothing I can possibly do without it, and im being treated like an average user that they find having no internet for 5 days is acceptable ! I'll likely be charged $5 on the mobile data simply sending this message because ive gone over my 500MB limit already in less than a day, thats because of the mass of email I receive, testing video streaming due to my development work etc. 

Unfortunately Josh was kind enough to help me but has failed to get back to me to resolve my nasty billing bug issues that is overcharging me and attempting to get a backup internet until things are resolved, so im totally stranded right now.

Could it possibly be they have changed me over to Ultimate88 already and my current 30MB modem does not work on it because they stuffed up ordering it ? Totally stuck.  

electroteque

Been on hold for 37 mins so far. 

electroteque

Getting the run around. 

- NOT a problem with the modem like the guy yesterday claimed. 

- Another 3 day outage which is 3 times in the past 4 weeks. 

- She claims it's maintainance and upgrades. 

- Out to stuff me around yet again, I had to go to alot of trouble to get the other modem just to confirm the guys claims is incorrect. 

- 3 days deserves everyone gets a 3G broadband stick while the connection is down I reckon. 

- Totally insane if they even suggest I deserve to be paying $40 a day for very expensive mobile data. 

- I am paying for mobile data anyway yet again which is just awful.

Again they say planned outage, which means this is planned without telling anyone beforehand. From experience this means the next available person to look at it, just to stuff you even more. 

electroteque

My connection is still down and I had to migrate elsewhere to get a connection, I have lost 3 days of work and tryin to catch up ! Will try the CEO office eventually and tell them how messed up everything is. I have been grounded to a pulp, the silence and ignorance is killing me. I have my brother in law looking into things for me. 

So from the looks of it, it will go down for 3 days at a time every two weeks, and down for one day between that, this is the pattern so far. I can now tell the call centre people off for telling me its the modem. 

Ive had to talk to TPG about buying data packs for my phone so my internet bill will clock $200 a month because of this **bleep** service. 

electroteque

Hi guys I have confirmed that these issues are going to keep happening every week until the level of the issue is escalated. It seems everyone is experiencing different issues. In my case completely offline, not just dropped packets, and they are going to keep ignoring just two people complaining but still gladly take your money ! 

I will try my best to get some action done with the CEO office. I cannot go back to 2MB adsl for a 24MB adsl plan so i'm stuck for options. 

Lomax

Dude, you've totally hijacked this thread. Your issues are different (ie. it's not ubr ping response timeouts). You should go and start a new topic.
electroteque

"Outage In Epping" Its the same issue ! 

electroteque

Outage in Epping, NSW 3 times in the past 4 weeks for 3-4 days at a time.

Please refer to my issues here http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/Outage-in-Epping-NSW/td-p/25964

I am experiencing total offline downtime for 3-4 days at a time because of how long it takes for somebody to even look at it. I work from home and it has severely affected me. I am aware this issue is flagged as low priority, and I am convinced that this service is very bad. 

I have been forced to make a complaint with the CEO office and if that doesn't help the media. Totally bad status right now, I just can't wait until we finally have real internet which will be the NBN. 

goosmurf

electroteque, I think what Lomax means is that this thread was originally about a hub issue that was affecting possibly many users, and the thread was useful for correlating that and getting resolution as several users reported the same symptoms.

Judging by the lack of posts from those users now I'd say the hub issue is fixed.

I think your issue and my issue have different causes, both of which are unrelated to the original hub issue so Lomax makes a good point.  Maybe the mods can close this thread and you (electroteque) and I should start different threads if need be.

apmdimka

Fun started again  for me yesterday:

Ping statistics for :
Packets: Sent = 164, Received = 131, Lost = 33 (20% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 9ms, Maximum = 45ms, Average = 11ms
Control-C

Lady on the phone told that there are technicians working in the area + she will send me one in two weeks.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey guys,

Sorry i've been a bit crook and in the office for the first time since friday last week, how is the packet loss at the moment? has it stabilised or still experiencing a bit of an issue?

Electroteque, your reported issues are a little bit different from what we've been trying to address through this thread. We may have to have an individual look at whats been happening at your residence and try to organise an alternative resolution as what we've achieved so far does not seem to have addressed your issues. This generally indicates a seperate and unrelated fault which will need a different approach to try and solve. I'll have a chat with you and we'll see what we can get happening to try and sort this for you.

Josh | Tech Expert |

goosmurf

Thanks for the report apmdimka.

I've had noticeable loss (5%+) all day yesterday, rising to 10+% by 8pm.  Dropped out for 20 minutes around 8:40pm.  Since then it's been averaging 15-20% loss all night and continuing right now.  It ranges from 5% to 35% loss, it's pretty bad.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks goosmurf,

i've given the guys a heads up the issue is still occuring, will let you know when I hear back from them

Cheers

Josh | Tech Expert |

electroteque

I'm so sorry, I don't mean any harm.

I did make a seperate post and seems like it's been deleted ? 

The connection just came back up but I am still on the mobile data as I buggered up my bridging setup now after all the fuss with the telephone support guy figuring out if its the modem. 

It was down since Monday but they claim the outage was only from Tuesday ignoring the fact I called up saying it was down. 

Anyway I will setup the traceroute script now to determine if I am indeed suffering the same problem. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey guys,

Looks like the techs were one step ahead of me, they're already aware and on site performing works in the area! seems the issue may have been something a bit more of a hassle than first thought Smiley Surprised

Josh | Tech Expert |

Lomax

My cable is currently down, including Foxtel services. North Ryde, NSW 2113 area. Related?
goosmurf

FYI as of about 3pm the loss seems to have completely stopped for my connection in Epping.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Lomax,

A total outage of both foxtel and cable services might indicate something a bit more severe than the ol' packet loss scenario. Would definately call faults on that one there if everything has dropped out completely Smiley Surprised

Josh | Tech Expert |

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now