Highlighted
Ajd82
Level 1: Cadet

Outages in Coogee 2034

Hi,

Can someone tell me what’s going on with bigpond hfc cable in Coogee nsw? It keeps dropping out for about 12 hours at a time, with telstras website saying it’s under investigation. I’ve done all the modem resets etc obviously, but it’s clear it’s not on my end - nbn says it is being rolled out in my area, but I can’t imagine much work occurring on either Christmas or Boxing Day.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Technical Support
Technical Support

Re: Outages in Coogee 2034

I can see that there have been Cable outages listed for Coogee. I appears that the network in this area is now owned or part owned by NBN Co and we have referred this to them to repair. I apologise for the inconvenience that these outages have caused you, I am confident that NBN Co are restoring services as quickly as possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ajd82
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Guys,

Its gone from bad to worse now. Rather than just dropping out for half the day its now fully gone.

And the up and down link has gone this time too, can't even maintain a connection.

The website says it will be resolved every in everything from two days to an hour. It never is.

Hopeless. The 4G dongle I now have to use gets two bars of signal, so its like dial up.

Can't imagine what the incentive would be to stay with Telstra when we get ported to NBN.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ajd82,

I apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused by the broadband disruption. 

Due to the complex nature of resolving disruptions, restoration times can be pushed back. Please keep an eye on the Outages page https://tel.st/g7fad for any updates. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more