Hagonel
Level 2: Rookie

Outages

We are having constant dropouts/disconnects and slow speeds in Midland 6056 for the past 2 days. It's been difficult to get anything done online. Was wondering if there are any issues in the area and when it will be fixed?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Outages

Hi Hagonel, 

Thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear of the trouble with your connection. We report outages or maintenance on our service status page below:

https://tel.st/le6yr

Is there an outage listed at your address?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Hagonel

No no outages but now I see there is planned maintenance showing now. I contacted Telstra and they are looking into the issue. They had my line on a 24hr watch and noticed the issue and said there is a fault in the line somewhere, I should be hearing back from them soon. =) 

Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate your patience. I'm confident they'll have you back up and running ASAP. Please let us know how you get on, sorry for the inconvenience. - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Hagonel

Still having issues and they have escalated it to tech 2 support. Just now had a dropout and my speed is now down to 15mbps, I pay for 50+ and usually get 55.

Having frequent dropouts/disconnects is no fun especially when you have things to do. Before the issues I was getting a good strong stable connection.

Hopefully they find the problem and fix it soon.

Here is what my modem shows.

Output Power
 6.4 dBm  12 dBm
Line Attenuation
 14.1, 44.9, 69.3 dB  24.8, 55.8, 80.5 dB
Noise Margin
 13.1 dB  13.9 dB
Support Team
Support Team

Glad to hear it's being addressed. Appreciate the update, keep them coming. - Matthew. 

Hagonel

Hasn't been fixed yet, still having the issues.

Support Team
Support Team

I'm sorry to hear of that this is continuing to be an issue and apologise again for any inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad

When was the last contact from the Level 2 Tech Team that were having this connection tested further? Has there been a reference number starting with an INT or SR provided for this escalation? 

Hagonel

They are sending a tech out on Saturday to check the lines starting at the node and working back so may or may not see the tech but I have to be home in case they come by. =)

The INT# is 1-2102436986501

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update and glad they are having this tech sent to have this tested from the node. Please do let us know how it does go when they have been on-site and had this tested further. 

Hagonel

The dropouts have been fixed but the speed is not what it was, I was getting a solid 49-50mbps and sometimes faster now I am getting between 38-41mbps, would definitely like my speed back. =)

Here is what my line looks like

Line Attenuation
 8.1, 37.9, 58.7 dB  17.6, 48.1, 74.3 dB
Noise Margin
 12.3 dB  12.4 dB
Hagonel

The NBN need to come out and fix the lines as I am no longer getting the speeds I pay for, 9 months I had great speeds, I was getting 50+ Mbps, then we had those dropouts a couple weeks back and after the NBN came out and fixed the problem we no longer had dropouts but our speed have since then been only 38 - 41 Mbps. I'm only 400 meters from the node. I would like to get my speed back. Tech support didn't seem to want to do anything about it other than tell me to keep apps turned off and such, which isn't the problem. The telstra smart modem is whats telling me my max line right and current line rate and even when I am the only one connected they are the speeds I get which is reported by my modem. Like I said prior to the dropouts my modem was reporting a much higher max line rate (60+Mbps) and current Line rate.

Getting things back to normal would be much appreciated.

Did someone change my line stability profile from standard to stable? If so then maybe someone can changed it back to standard.

Thanks

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Hagonel,

I’m sorry to read of your lower than expected internet speeds.

We are not able to arrange a technician visit via this forum. Best will be to call our technical support team, 133 933 (ADSL & Cable) or 1800 834 273 (NBN), who will be able to arrange this for you.

Ern

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now