CrowdSupport®
muk3
Level 2: Rookie

Parental Control blocking

Answered

I suddenly have parental control blocking website access (twitch, facebook); nil changes initiated by me. Is anyone else having these issues; and can you please advise a solution.

THANKYOU

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Parental Control blocking

There have been quite a few reports of people with this problem. One solution is to use a custom DNS. This is easy to do if you have the Smart Modem Gen 2 or Gen 1.1. To set up a custom DNS open a web browser on device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1 password on Gen 2 modems is Telstra. Go to Advanced then go to Local Network and select a non Telstra DNS from drop down list and save settings. Do this for both IPv4 and IPv6. For settings to take effect either reboot modem or disconnect and reconnect device.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
muk3
Accepted Solution

Thankyou cf4; we changed the setting to another option; rebooted - and it worked. I not comfortable changing the settings to something else - so we then reset the settings back to Telstra - rebooted and that worked. We are back on original settings and working.

Your time and wisdom is appreciated. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

There have been quite a few reports of people with this problem. One solution is to use a custom DNS. This is easy to do if you have the Smart Modem Gen 2 or Gen 1.1. To set up a custom DNS open a web browser on device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1 password on Gen 2 modems is Telstra. Go to Advanced then go to Local Network and select a non Telstra DNS from drop down list and save settings. Do this for both IPv4 and IPv6. For settings to take effect either reboot modem or disconnect and reconnect device.

Highlighted
muk3
Accepted Solution

Thankyou cf4; we changed the setting to another option; rebooted - and it worked. I not comfortable changing the settings to something else - so we then reset the settings back to Telstra - rebooted and that worked. We are back on original settings and working.

Your time and wisdom is appreciated. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now