LeeTV
Level 1: Cadet

Parental Control has stopped working on FAST5355-A

Parental Control has stopped working on FAST5355-A as of today (Sunday) for no apparent reason. I have read other posts on here with the same problem from a year or so ago and there were no real fixes for it. I rebooted modem and same result. Someone said it only happened to them on a Sunday? Today is Sunday will see if it works tomorrow lol.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Parental Control has stopped working on FAST5355-A

Hi @LeeTV,

Appreciate the concern with Parental Controls on your modem. Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

LeeTV

It is working again as of yesterday and today. I will see if this problem happens again this Sunday. I read on another thread that people were having this issue on a Sunday, which makes no sense at all but that is what seems to have happened to me also.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

I would be very surprised if you don’t have the same problem with the parental controls this Sunday. I am not using the F@st 5355 at the moment but when I was using it the Time off day parental controls did not work on Sundays. There is a bug in the F@st5355 firmware that has still not been picked up by Telstra or is to hard to fix.

LeeTV

It’s about time they sorted this out. I rely on parental controls for my kids as I’m sure a lot of others do. Will post again this Sunday 🧐
LeeTV

Sunday again and parental controls not working, again. So it seems that it is definitely a bug in the firmware that needs fixing.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now