Abfab50
Level 2: Rookie

Parental Control

Answered

Can anyone help me set up Parental Controls? Specifically for time restrictions on different devices.  On Telstra Gateway Modem (NBN) it's about 6 - 8 months old.  I tried to set up restrictions on My Account > Telstra Broadband Protect > add ons.  It restricts all devices using the wifi not individual devices.  Have gone to Gateway 192...etc and trying to work out from there but if I click on a device it leads me to another page and a box name MAC.  What is this, is this the device name? Where do I find it? Can someone give me a step by step procedure on how to time restrict individual devices please? (mainly my son's PS4 and laptop) Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Parental Control

You don't need to purchase an extra box to set up time restrictions on individual devices. If you have the Technicolor version there are step by step instructions in section 6 of the document linked at end of this post

If you have the arcadyan version the instructions would be very similar.

MAC stands for "Media Access Control Address" and is a hardware identification number that uniquely identifies each device on a network. If you don't know the MAC address you can open a separate browser tab, navigate to http://192.168.0.1 and go to Advanced > Devices (Technicolor) or Advanced > Local Network (Arcadyan). There is a list off all connected devices with there MAC and IP address as well as the devices name which should help you determining which MAC belongs to which device.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Abfab50

P.S. I have searched Crowd Support and there is similar questions but pre 2018 and wanting something more recent especially with current Telstra Modems.  Telstra tech said you cannot set up time restrictions on individual devices and I will need to buy 'box' to attach to do this???

Accepted Solution

You don't need to purchase an extra box to set up time restrictions on individual devices. If you have the Technicolor version there are step by step instructions in section 6 of the document linked at end of this post

If you have the arcadyan version the instructions would be very similar.

MAC stands for "Media Access Control Address" and is a hardware identification number that uniquely identifies each device on a network. If you don't know the MAC address you can open a separate browser tab, navigate to http://192.168.0.1 and go to Advanced > Devices (Technicolor) or Advanced > Local Network (Arcadyan). There is a list off all connected devices with there MAC and IP address as well as the devices name which should help you determining which MAC belongs to which device.

Highlighted
Abfab50

Thanks for this great info. I’m out atm when I am home I will check if I have Technicolor or the other version and go from there

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now