CrowdSupport®
CCGC
Level 1: Cadet

Parental Controls

I spent a few hours today setting up parental controls on my NBN modem through My Account login - Telstra 24/7.

Testing indicated that it was working to around 80% satisfaction with manually entered URL's visible on some PC and not on others, and visa versa with unwanted sites on my home network.

I go out for a few hrs this evening and came home wanting to add back a couple of sites only to find that I cannot access the Telstra 24/7 site on ANY computer, tablet or mobile device.

I thought I'd be tricky and log into my account via a night hawk only to find access denied again.

So, having paid for the 24/7 Platinum service package to get me out of trouble day and night, I find that "this service is not available until 8am tomorrow".

Has anyone also had this issue, if so what did you do? is this standard practice when meddling with parental controls? I prefer to use this in-built feature rather than pay an external party more coin.

Thanks for any assistance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Parental Controls

Hi @CCHC Welcome to CrowdSupport! 

If you've not been able to resolve this as yet it's possible that either you've set up the rules to block access to that page during the evening hours, or the page or service may have been unavailable for a short period for things like system updates etc. Are you still having issues or have you found the cause?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit