Highlighted
lavenderbluff
Level 1: Cadet

Phone Call Saying My Internet Will Be Disconnected In 24 Hours

Answered

Today I got a phone call from an Indian woman claiming to be from Telstra (I quickly told her to call me back in an hour). She said my home's internet will be disconnected within the next 24 hours due to my internet being hacked and that it is now helping the hackers to hack other people. The weird thing is, is that my home uses TPG for internet. Is Telstra and TPG connected somehow?

Is this a scam? Or is there an actual problem with my internet and I should be concerned about it?

Do Telstra staff normall call my home phone to warn customers about problems such as these?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone Call Saying My Internet Will Be Disconnected In 24 Hours

Lavender, totally ignore it, it's a scam from start to finish.

0701836001400224804.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

Lavender, totally ignore it, it's a scam from start to finish.

0701836001400224804.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Ms_Merlin

I just got the same call. I had a feeling it was a scam.
Richard51

I just recieved the same call, except I will be disconnected within the next hour....

Well Richard, it's been nice hearing from you, but I'm sure you'll still be around in an hour and a half, two hours time, in fact, I'd be surprised if you weren't still around on the net until what ever time you decide to bed down tonight..... glass

0701836001400224804.gif

ShaneAu2

Thanks for the info all.

I have had 3 phone calls from this mob today. Pretty demanding bunch, claiming to be based in Miller St North Sydney. Hard to get much more info on them. Also told me my IP address will be cancelled from tomorrow.

I am hoping I get another call...

cps11

Thanks guys for the solution but I would like to get my hands on them and wring their necks sorry.. your doing an amazing job here...

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more