Highlighted
Oldman_OG
Level 1: Cadet

Phone Disabled on new NBN modem

Answered

I signed up for NBN FTTN now available in our town, and we got a home phone included in the offer. We got our LH1000 modem and told to hook it up so we can use the 4g backup while we wait for the NBN service to be connected (this friday). My problem ATM is the phone has been disabled in the advanced section of the interface. No green light at the back of the modem as well. I was given a phone number and a t1000 handset.

Will this be fixed when they connect me to the NBN??

The NBN is a train wreck, bring your helmet with you if you wanna ride this train!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone Disabled on new NBN modem

Can you provide a screen shot off were you found the phone was disabled? I can't find any settings for disabling the phone.

Once connected to the FTTN the phone SIP configuration details will be down loaded to the modem and the phone should then work on both 4G backup and on the NBN link. If modem has not been connected to NBN phone will only work if PSTN port on modem is connected to phone wall socket.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Can you provide a screen shot off were you found the phone was disabled? I can't find any settings for disabling the phone.

Once connected to the FTTN the phone SIP configuration details will be down loaded to the modem and the phone should then work on both 4G backup and on the NBN link. If modem has not been connected to NBN phone will only work if PSTN port on modem is connected to phone wall socket.

Oldman_OG
Level 1: Cadet

Thx cf4,  I thought that would be the case.

BTW, the phone "disabled" icon is on the login page of the modem, not in advanced as I stated..my bad

The NBN is a train wreck, bring your helmet with you if you wanna ride this train!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now