CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
BobbyM1
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Phone call from woman saying our Internet will be disconnected tomorrow.

Had a similar call today. Said the call was from NBNco and to press 1 to connect to a technician.

BIGJOHNFROMWA

Hi just ignore as Telstra do not make these type of calls ,have had the same type of call a month ago, what we do now is ignore all calls, its easy to spot fake calls as there is  usually lots of background noise of the rest of these clowns sending out fake calls    JOHN D

BIGJOHNFROMWA

Level 22: Superhuman

I have had most success in being firm and polite with these people.
I tell them I do not have such services, and very politely ask them to remove me from their list.
I have found it the most successful.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
Hamblo

I used ignore or be polite to these people, but as far as I'm concerned they may as well be holding up my local bank with a gun, because sooner or later they'll find a victim and clean them out. Our border security people, instead of locking up children, should be protecting us from these scammers, by at least providing a phone number, so they can start tracking them.

So in the meantime, because I can't confront them personally, I'll harangue them and make them feel like idiots as much as possible, by answering 'Hello, You have contacted the Fraud Squad of the Chamrajpet Police Station, Bangalore", or placing a wound-up egg-timer next to the phone's microphone, or handing the phone over to a toddler.

Montiv

My wife had similar call this morning. Caller claimed to be from NBN and told my wife our NBN was going to be disconnected. Asked her to press 1 etc. We just put phone down on the call.

Highlighted
CJS79

Had this call today and the lady said "Your internet has been hacked by overseas people, go to your computer and we will show you how to fix it"

What gave it up was that she was yawning while talking to me Smiley Happy

UniversalGenius

We get 2 nuisance calls almost every day.  Most of the time it's a woman on the phone saying that she is from Telstra and has noted that we have been having a connection issue (not true) and needs to be resloved.  So we just tell them that we do not have a computer and they probably have the wrong person.  In spite of this they keep phoning everyday.

The other call is that NBN has been connected in our area and that we need to get connected to the tehnician to have our line connected so to please press 2 on our phone.

Then, there is the third scam with a recorded voice on the phone requesting that we dial 2 on our phone for internet connection.  The best thing to do is leave your phone (landline) in message mode.  If no message it's a scam.  If it is genuine the person will leave a message for you to return the call, and you can answer it if you recognise the voice at the other end.  That's what we do.  Wait. listen and pick up if neccessary.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now