CrowdSupport®
Jackisback
Level 3: Gumshoe

Phone

Answered

I have NBN which includes a land line. I do not use the land line for outgoing calls and the only incoming calls I have received over the last 6 months or more have been nuisance calls. Today I disconnected the phone from my modem. My question is this: should I inform Telstra that I no longer want the phone in my nbn bundle? Will it reduce the cost of my service if I don't have the phone on my plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone

You don't need to inform Telstra that you have disconnected the phone. At the moment all Telstra NBN plans include a phone so I doubt that you will be able to reduce the cost of your service if you notify Telstra that you no longer require a phone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

You don't need to inform Telstra that you have disconnected the phone. At the moment all Telstra NBN plans include a phone so I doubt that you will be able to reduce the cost of your service if you notify Telstra that you no longer require a phone.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi jackisback, just confirming what cf4 has mentioned above - the NBN connection includes access to the landline service as part of the monthly fee and there's no reduction in the cost for just using the broadband connection. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jackisback
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks for your reply, You have confirmed what I suspected to be the case.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now