CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
sked
Level 2: Rookie

Planned maintenance outage

Answered

I will give crowd support a go to see if i can get any answers on my situation,

last Thursday night the 23rd at 7:30 our internet when down,

so i get online to chat with a rep, where i was told it is planned maintenance and service 

wont be back up until the 28th. OK here's the question what planned maintenance takes 4 to 5 days to complete?. i even had one rep over the weekend tell me they are working around the clock to complete. yeah right haven't seen a telstra  or nbn truck near my exchange or node all weekend, the only one i did see was a worker in the pit at the end of our street late Thursday afternoon. Now this is what really worries me i look on the outages page now to see that it says i should be restored in 1 day time only to scroll down for another warning that there is more planned maintenance on the 3rd of june , Really.

thanks for your time 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Planned maintenance outage

There is is probably a fault with your service in that case and/or the 4g backup has been shaped on your smart modem if you have one.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8

Can you provide your suburb and post code
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

sked

2327 stanford merthyr

I can see there is planned maintenance up until 1900 tomorrow ( 28/05/2019). Planned maintenance can use minor disruptions while there are techs working on the service, such as your internet may drop out more often during the day and such but that's generally only during business hours, it should generally work normally outside of business hours.

Looks likes Stanford Merthyr is a FTTN Area.

sked

i haven't had internet since Thursday night, correction there is a connection but at 0.01 Mbps on the speed test. so i do have access but as useful as a glass door on a ........
Accepted Solution

There is is probably a fault with your service in that case and/or the 4g backup has been shaped on your smart modem if you have one.

sked

yeah been down that road also, but just happen to be in an area where 4g reception is not much help.
so how do a get the call reps to actual listen and not just look up on there screens what i can already see. they just look at the planned maintenance and just put it down to that. thank you for your explanation on the planned maintenance shouldn't have such a long term effect on connection.
sked

thanks 343
just called to get them to check shaping, which was supposed to be lift on wednesday, after paying my bill , worked all day thursday than reshaped that night. after 3-4 lengthy chats final got someone to listen and check, said the order was stuck in pending.
thanks

I'm glad that's been sorted

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now