ronca
Level 2: Rookie

Platinum Support feedback

I have been a subscriber of TELSTRA PLATINUM for well over a year.   I have never needed to use the service up until now.  Now,  I am trying to contact TELSTRA PLATINUM SUPPORT via telephone number 13 75 87.

i have now been waiting on hold for over 30 minutes and the call has not even been answered - just on-hold music and messages.  

That is Unacceptable !!!

I need technical support for a problem with the my NBN Gateway Max suddenly not recognising the 3G/4G backup USB dongle.

Can anyone tell me if I can contact Platinum support by email or other means as waiting on the phone for over half an hour is a total waste of time. 

13 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Platinum Support a waste of time !!!

no we don't have an email contact but are very flat out at the moment

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
ronca

Just to set the record straight  ...  and to give Platinum Support a deserved accolade ....

Thanks Yastiandrie for your explaination that you guys were very busy on Saturday

After being unsuccessful in getting through to Platinum Support on Saturday after hanging on for 40 mins, I decided to try again on Monday morning just before 9am.  I have to say that the service was exceptional  ...

- The call was answered in 9 minutes (acceptable)

- The operator involved was smart, technically aware, and able to take decsions quickly

- She quickly diagnosed the problem as a hardware fault on my Gateway Max and said that a replacement gateway would be with me within 5 days.  That was acceptable.

- To my amazement I got follow-up texts and emails about 2 hours later saying that the Gateway had been despatched.

- I was even more amazed when I got a text from Zoom2U couriers allowing me to track the approach of the courier on a map in realtime just like Uber.

- The Gateway was in my hands by 2pm the same day and I had it up and working half an hour later - Problem solved !

I was very inpressed that I could get a replacement gateway sent to my premises within 5 hours of my call.

EXCELLENT SERVICE TELSTRA PLATINUM.  Thanks Very Much!

We were a lot busier on Sat and Sun then usual, even 9 mins though is still a bit longer then the norm, but with the nature of what we are and do, sometimes it can't be helped depending on the issues we are dealing with at the time.

Glad you got everything sorted though and that it ended up being a better experience the next time around Smiley Happy

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's

Robyn1954
Level 1: Cadet

Hello Ronca

I use that same number to contact Telstra Platinum and .. depending on the time of day .. have been answered immediately .. waited up to 16 minutes also .. and anywhere in between these times.

My husband and I have found Telstra Platinum exceptionally helpful .. and patient .. over the past 2 years or so that we have paid for this service. We have called them for help with our PC's .. mobile phones .. X-Box game problems and tablet problems. They have patiently worked with us with files, photos, games, apps, connection problems - indeed any little old thing we ask of them .. they have been great!

Having said that .. I must admit when speaking with someone in Australia it is much easier to communicate .. which can be a struggle when speaking with someone in another country who has a strong accent.

Cheers Robyn

Yetta61

I needed them only once and they COULD NOT SOLVE MY PROBLEM!!!!! Seriously a waste of money

@Yetta61 what was the issue you were having?

Lucinnda

Been sitting here at my mum's place for 90 minutes and no one has contacted me. I really, really hate Telstra these days. I so regret organising for my mother's phone to go onto the NBN.
Support Team
Support Team

Hello Lucinnda, 

I am very sorry for the long waiting time regarding this matter. 

Are you able to inform us if you have been attended to? And has the matter been resolved yet? 

- Simone

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AMM61

Agree the Platinum service is a serious waste of money. DO NOT SIGN UP TO THIS SERVICE
I feel i was conned into signing up by some spin doctor in the Philippines call centre 12 months ago. They signed me up but then could not solve my problem. What i heard from Telstra was complete garbage. I solved the problem myself by research on the web and speaking directly to Apple and Microsoft.
I was locked in for 12 mths and when i tried to give notice,today, one day in advance of the twelve months i got the greatest load of inaccurate info from some Filipino in the call centre who said I had to cancel on the exact day it expired or i would be charge a penalty- of course this would not stand up under Australian consumer law but these offshore call centre people will say the first thing that comes into their head. They do not allow lies and inaccuracies to get in the way of truth and they are actually putting Telstra in a legal minefield as they are totally incorrect in what they say.
I am so cheesed off with Telstra I will most likely cancel all services with them not just the platinum service. At least the Optus people I deal with for my mobile services are polite whereas the Telstra offshore people are extremely rude.
AMM61

Re: Platinum Support feedback

Agree a complete waste of money and time. Anyone thinking about signing up - DO NOT. The people in the Philippines assigned to help with phone support are not capable of doing so
Support Team
Support Team

Hello AMM61 I am sorry to hear that you did not find Telstra Platinum support beneficial in this instance, while many find this service helpful for enquiries not covered by our in-house included tech support there may be occasions where they are unable to resolve your issue. I apologise if this was the case for you. You can find out more about what they can help you with here:  https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/platinum

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AAI

Re: Platinum Support feedback

I have been unable to contact platinum service for 3 weeks also. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.
I have waited on the line for up to 30 min.
The first time the phillipino service people said that I “wasn’t really on NBN and it appears that I am back on ADSL. “ I was never was on ADSL !!
I rarely use it but when I do need to be able to speak to a tech person who can help me , or I should be able to get a refund on months paid for and not used.
You are right, it is very difficult to cancel the service.
AAI

No use being sorry for the long waiting time! It’s been like this for weeks now!
Just fix the problem or refund money paid