Highlighted
moof3212
Level 2: Rookie

Port Availability - Where can I find out the TRUE FACTS

Answered

I have for sometime been trying to get ADSL at my new house. Bannockburn victoria. There are no available ports at my exchange.

Every time I speak to someone at telstra I get a different answer. Both my neighbours have adsl.

I have been told their is a waiting list and also told there is no waiting list. I am supposedly on a waiting list.

If their is a waiting list how can I find out where I am on the list.

One of my orders that shows up as cancelled, I have been told is with the HELD team and on a separate order system on a waiting list??

Others tell me to keep applying. I have several order numbers

I have spoken to a telstra tech outside the exchange and he tells me there are ports available in the exchange.

Also told over the phone there is some faulty equipment in the exchange so no ports ,also something about congestion with this faulty equipment so there will be no new ADSL connections. Well fix it!!!

So what can I do?

I have tried other providers but no ports available so I am on their waiting list too.

The thing that really annoys me the most is, you cannot believe anything your told by telstra on the phone.

Is there any department in Telstra where you can get the FACTS??

If so can you please send me the secret number

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Port Availability - Where can I find out the TRUE FACTS

Hi moof3212, welcome to our forum.

I can confirm what has been advised above and that is that we do not have a waiting list for ADSL ports. If you are unable to get a service due to lack of ports then your options are to look at alternative technology or reapply, we usually suggest no more than monthly.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
59 REPLIES 59
arkon
Level 3: Gumshoe

there is no waiting list

you can cancel your order and try another isp

or you can cancel your order and place another order at a future time to try and get a free port 

moof3212

What information do you have that says there is no waiting list.

I would like to hear from someone at Telstra, who knows

Sadista

There is no waiting list believe me. If there was, thousand of customers is going to be on that list and it will take you a much longer time to get a connection.

Just a tip if you're application has been diagnosed not available due to availability of port. That means that your area's exchange is full. So it doesn't matter if youre next door neighbor has ADSL/ADSL2+ the possibility of not having ADSL/Cable is true.

Activations Team has a tool to check if the service is available/maybe available/unavailable. But this tool only gives a rough estimate. It's still advised to get the order process b/c this will trigger a phoneline and adsl technician to setup and check the exchange for availability.

So if you're saying that you had your order processed and was held for sometime due to no availability and it was cancelled now, that is ok. If you want to re-apply I would suggest to try it after a month or so. But there's no guarantee on this. Or yet try other ISP.

Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi moof3212, welcome to our forum.

I can confirm what has been advised above and that is that we do not have a waiting list for ADSL ports. If you are unable to get a service due to lack of ports then your options are to look at alternative technology or reapply, we usually suggest no more than monthly.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

moof3212

Thanks Dan for your reply.

Why do you say to try again monthly.

The port availability can change daily so I should re-apply once or twice a week to maximise my chances.

Thats only fair.

So why am I told when I contacted the HELD team I am on a waiting list and I don't need to keep re-applying?

Are they just trying to get rid of me??

arkon

@moof3212 wrote:

Are they just trying to get rid of me??

Smiley Wink

Community Manager

The reason we suggest monthly is the application process from the day you submit it to being told that no ports are available may take anywhere from 1-2 weeks.

You are welcome to try again right away if you like but you will not be able to apply daily as you cannot place a new order if there is an existing one in the system. If a second order was accepted then it likely would cause account level issues preventing further orders from being placed for a time.

Please also understand that there is not a huge turnover of ports in most areas as most providers require a contract and even if a customer chooses to churn to another provided they keep their port. This means that ports are often allocated to a single address for years or even a decade or more. The reason I mention this is because you may not gain access to a port for some time so it is worth looking at alternatives.

Regarding what you have been told previously, I don't know why you may have given you incorrect information previously but I already passed on feedback after my first post to our activation teams to ensure that everyone is giving the correct information.

sunshinecoaster

Hi Guys, First time poster.

I have the same problem im in Little Mountain Qld on the sunhine coast and my provider is IINET who in my area use Telstra Ports.

I moved house approx 4 KM after checking with IINET before renting the property and was told i could connect my ADSL2 at the new address, so we moved house.

To our suprise we were then told that our application at the new address was on hold waiting for a free port.

Now i Know im IINET customer but stay with me on this....

I rang every ISP Telstra, DODO , TPG , and lots more with the same outcome , there is no ports available.

After much abuse to IINET Im now also paying for a 4g Mobile device to get me online that has a MAX download of 20 gigs... I just got my first $200 excess usage charge ... YAY

So 3 Months later , today i call IINET to see whats happening and get told by provisioning that they will "CHECK THE TELSTRA WHOLESALE SPREADSHEET" to give me an estimate of how long it will take to get a port.

I since have in writing a nice text message from IINET telling me after checking the "telstra wholesale spreadsheet"  my application will stay on hold pending a port with an esitimate of .....................24 MONTHS !!! yes 2 years .. no you have to reapply each month none of this just when a port comes available in approx 24 months my internet will go on.

I asked why this was and I was told that "Telstra does not want to invest in anymore inferstructure in your area due to the rollout of the NBN (n 2 years)..

SO please ! Dont tell us there is not a waiting list, when your own staff and own resellers advise there is a waiting list.

2013 and the only option for internet in a suburban area is an overpriced mobile device with restrictions.

Shakow
Level 5: Eagle Eye

The Facts are here

http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans/index.htm

Check this report

"Available ADSL Capacity – Exchanges"

Then find your exchange

Check maybe every two weeks and as soon as you see ports free APPLY!!!

missattitude891
Level 1: Cadet

How do I find out about Port Availabilities in my area?

Is there a section on the Telstra website or do I have to call?

Bobbi

OMG i have been told on many occasions that there is no ports available and i am too far away from the exchange which is crap  because i have fibre optic cabling running through my front yard going to a suburb that is even further away from the exchange than I am i have been trying to get basic ADSL for 13 years in thornton NSW running off the tarro exchange now i check the telstra wholesale report and there is currently 338 ports available  they hav put me on 4G wireless which is crap not lot of signal and too pricey 109.99 for 15 gb what a joke i am ready to dig up their cables it is making me that mad  Dodo keeps ringing me and telling it is available then calls back 2 weeks later and tells me it's not available at my address but 4 ppl in my street have it and also both streets either side of me have it WAKE UP  telstra enough is enough give me broadband  i know ppl who have requested a new phone line 2 weeks later they have broadband     i have alot of files and training stuff to send and recieve for work and 15gb is used in less than a week then im stuffed for 3 weeks till it resets i wish they fix the problem i also have a friend who is a telstra technician and has checked my line and signal strength and he says there is no reason why i can't get it the only thing i need is the broadband modem set it up and all done 

End of Rant   sorry guys!!!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Bobbi,

It's strange that you're getting reports of "no ports available" and "too far from the exchange" as these are entirely different problems. Can you tell me what the result was the most recent time you applied?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Bobbi

I thought so too the most recent was no ports available if that was the case I would assume nobody would be able to get it in my area however Chisholm is a new suburb in Thornton nsw and they have new connections going on all the time as people move in I have friends there who have just got fibre optic of which the cables run through my front yard they run from the same exchange as me aswell
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

By fibre optic do you mean it's an NBN rollout in your area? If so have you actually applied for an NBN service?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Bobbi

Yes have applied for NBN they say it's not active in my area yet and there is no guarantee that I will be able to get it when it is I asked the workers what they were doing when they installed the cables and they told me it was fibre optic for the new estate Chisholm the cables were thick and green and there was a lot if them
Support Team
Support Team

Okay sure, so firstly it's important to remember that we do actually want to connect you to any service that may be available to your home, we're a business and that's what we do Smiley Happy We're not going to hold out on you for funsies. I can advise that if NBN is being rolled out in your area you will not be able to connect a new service on copper/ADSL or cable. However NBN might still be a while away from actually being activated to your home so there is a period of time when it won't be possible to connect any new broadband services in that district until that NBN process is complete. That was the arrangement that was made and it is not always going to be a completely seemless transition unfortunately.

It's also possible that the cables are not actually planned for connecting your neighbourhood but just passing through, the boundaries for each NBN district are very clear cut. There are also enclosed estates called Smart Communities which are different again, these are Velocity services which are fibre optic cable networks but are not specifically NBN. If either of those scenarios are the case other broadband types may be available to your home, but if there are no ADSL ports that's a completely separate issue.

In this case all I can recommend is speaking with sales to run extensive service availability checks and should anything come back as even a "Maybe" we can place an order and see what happens. Regrettaly it's not a guarantee but without an application in the works we can't know for certain.

Chat with us here to run availability checks on all possible broadband types for your address and we can go from there Smiley Happy

Bobbi

I am expecting a call back on Monday morning to try and sort this out with Telstra wholesale but I can tell you now I am sick of getting different excuses every time I enquire if this can't be sorted I may have to take this further up the ladder 13 years is abit to long to wait for basic services
Bobbi

and also if there is no possible way that customers like myself can recieve adsl other than wireless 3g and 4g then the restrictions on download limits should be unlocked to unlimited seeing as how we pay 2.5x more than an ADSL customer

$109.99 is far too rich for 15gb when adsl customers can get unlimited downloads for 49.99 per month and dodo is reselling telstra unlimited for $39.99

adsless

I can't believe how many people suffer from this horrible stone-age infrastructure we have in Australia.

Telstra's excuse to me for not upgrading exhanges was that NBN project was going to make ADSL redundant in my area. I contacted NBN and their response was that my area was not even in their plans. They NBN guy told me I could check back in about 3 years.

It's hard to accept this. I come from a developing country with **bleep**ty roads, lack of hospitals and hardly any jobs but for around 20 dollars per months, you get super-fast Fibre Optic unlimted internet, Pay TV and a phone line rental.  

Lucy12345

@Shakow wrote:

The Facts are here

http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans/index.htm

Check this report

"Available ADSL Capacity – Exchanges"

Then find your exchange

Check maybe every two weeks and as soon as you see ports free APPLY!!!

Holy crap on a crapper. I've been waiting and waiting, then to see there are free ports at my exhange??? Hell hath no fury like a uni student deprived of broadband....

Zavi

Hi

I live in Roxburgh Park and have just recently moved in. It's been 3 months and its been a struggle and hassle so far because i have been unable to get an Internet connection at my place. Firstly tried with Telstra only to find out that no ports are available so they cant provide ADSL at my place. In vein, i tried other providers in hope of being lucky only to find out that Telstra pretty much has a monopoly with the infrastructure at the exchanges. My doomed exchange is Somerton and it looks like due to proposed NBN role out its not going to be updated. I mean its such a ridiculous situation that i cant even tell my overseas friends because they will make fun of me because to think in an advanced country like Australia and in a suburb like Roxburgh park, some 20-30 km from CBD, does not have any ports for ADSL.

I have exhausted all my energy and resources to find out that i cant get an ADSL connection. Mind you i cant be bothered with Telstra's wireless service, because you get peanuts for the price of gold.

It is also with great regret I write that ombudsmen also don't get involved in this so that means that Ill have to wait for NBN, which is minimum 1 year. Its a pity and a ludicrous situation to be in but as with all other things in life, it is what it is and love it or leave it gotta go through it.

BTW ive checked the above mentioned files for port extension and there is no update for somerton exchange. Big surprise Smiley Happy

God, gotta love Telstra, what an amazing Internet service provider they really are, one can surf on the Internet, albeit only in dreams.

smellyelle

Why can't new ports be added? There is clearly a high demand for adsl, both my neighbours have it yet I'm told I may never get it... which is a cop out because I've just spent thousands diging trenches and what not to be told I'm not able to get the internet.... why can't new ports be added?????? There are places going in up down the road and they are all getting connected to the internet

sealion1
Level 6: Bloodhound

I've just got of the phone with a Phillipines help person & I find I'm in a catch 22 situation brought on by Telstra (Bigpond) inefficiency...

I need to move house & I have an in contract  ADSL2+ broadband bundle at my current address, so, I phoned to find out what it would cost me to move the service to my proposed new address...

The Phillipines person told me she needed the new phone number, which I said I haven't got yet as this is just an enquiry to confirm I can get the service I have if I move to another location...

Now here's the catch 22!!! Without an active phone number she can't tell me if Broadband ADSL2+ is available at the new address & that I have to move to the new address, get my new phone number & then wait 7 WORKING days to be told by a tech if I can get ADSL2+ or any ADSL, YES or NO...

This defeats the whole object of the exercise as I need to know if ADSL is available before I can purchase the house (which is a vacant property with no services connected) or it is pointless me moving to the new location...

Telstra's attitude of "So sad too bad thats the way it works" is just beyond belief...

So the upshot of this situation now is:

1. I'm not moving or buying the house.

2. The real estate agent has lost a sale.

3. A home seller has missed out getting his house sold that has been on the market for many months.

4. Thousands of $$$$ are now not going to help move the industry along & pay the wages & fees of the supporting agencies, i.e. Gov't offices, settlement agents, removalists, power & gas connection workers etc...

All because TELSTRA can't be bothered to check for availability of service to a location prior to a person purchasing a house in a new location... It should be a prerequisite for them to check that your account can be transferred in whole depending on the service you have currently...

Does anyone have a "work around" for this situation? If you have I would love to hear from you, especially any TELSTRA tech service people in WA... Smiley Sad

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Sealion1

This isn't a great situation we agree, however the information you have been provided is correct. 

After a request/order is taken for an ADSL service to be connected at a property, we then need to perform several tests to determine if ADSL is available at that particular property. 

These tests cannot be performed until there is an active landline at the property. While we would like to have a workaround for this process, there isn't one. 

Your scenario is even more difficult as you can't use the previous owner's experience to determine if they had an ADSL service, which would then confirm that there has been a service connected there previously. 

Regards 

sealion1

@Lindy

So let me see if I've got this right:

I have to move into the new address/house, apply & pat for my service to be moved from my old address & then wait 7 working days to see if I'm ok to have an ADSL line/port assigned to the new address...

Meanwhile my paperless existance supported & installed by Telstra, Western Power, Alinta gas, WA water authority, P&N Bank etc. etc .etc., will be unobtainable & at the end of the 10 or so days without internet I may find that you won't supply the service for 'whatever reason', so I will be stuck with a house that I can't pay bills from/for to any of my creditors, including the vendor of the house, because I can't access their account system or my bank account details to action payments???????

Meandjonesy

I'm hearing you. I have moved back into an old house of ours and have also been told that there are no ports at the exchange for adsl. It has taken nearly 3 months to get refunded the internet/foxtel on tbox and have been told that they have no idea when and if internet will be availbale.

I have high school children who require the internet for homework etc as textbooks now come online, my extra data charges have gone through the roof and I get told there is nothing that can be done. I could have wireless they say, but we are lucky to get one bar signal with our mobiles and these plans are ridiculusouly priced for not much data.

Then I have to deal with my children, who I have now had to limit when they use there data, when they say, 'when we lived here before we had it, why can't we have in now.'

So over this crap

sealion1

AND, what sux even more is that the Telstra help desk will only tell you what you can't have, they don't even try to come up with a solution like you would expect a company "full of experts" to do...

I can't afford to go on any other kind of service as I'm an age pensioner & I had the bundle because it cut my overall phone/internet charges, now I stand to lose all of this if I move house, so I'm not going to move & you've read the rest of what this means to so many people in my previous posts...

sealion1

Very quick to stiffle debate but very slow in offering any constructive help to alleviate the immediate problem...

Many people have lost out over these inept actions or more to the point the lack of actions... Smiley Sad

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Sealion1,

I am sure this has been posted elsewhere in this thread, but I will provide it again. We publish port availability and planned exchange works here: http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans/index.htm

sealion1

Who would believe that after the statements made by the Phillippines help desk & their unhelpful comment, "It is no guarantee of a positive outcome"...

I quote the Phillippines help desk "Telstra will only give you a 50/50 chance of gaining a port at your exchange" unquote...

What confidence can a subscriber gain from a statement such as that... A former Telecom line serviceman & phone installer with a 40 year phone subscriber record & I don't trust this outfit, Telstra,  any further than I could throw it...

I checked the port availability today, 56 ports available, no guarantee they'll be there in 6 weeks time...

I'll wait to see what my Federal member has to say after he has passed my email on, with my original posts, to the minister for communications, he received the email yesterday...

kellysfedup

bobbi just wondering how it went? i'm having dailey arguments too.

bought a house based on there statement that i would be able to get adsl and now i'm getting all different answers.

final word is yes i could but no ports and to check back in a few months.

they wont even offer unlimited mobile internet (did offer me $10 off per month (Yay me))

was getting 500gb for $80 at old place

they offer 25gb for $165 ....

lets do the math...

500gb div by 25 = 20 times

20 x $165 =  $3300 per month

yes. sure. we can afford that. we'll just find a bank to rob first ok?

got a vodafone 50gb mobile broadband for $140p/mth while we wait. but i'm not waiting months. i'll ring every day if i have to. what if a port becomes available and they give it to some other person that gets in before me?

sealion1

@kellysfedup

Hi, Still having the same problem with TELSTRA not willing to confirm that I can get ADSL at my "new" selected place of residence, so, NOT moving, & as explained before, all those people are affected by a TELSTRA decision... So much for their community mindedness... Bravo Sierra...

Just a thought to other posters here, it would be handy if you could add your location so others can get an idea of where the problems are, just a town/city &/or state would suffice... Me? I'm looking at a problem with TOODYAY WA... 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi sealion, could be an array of reasons why an ADSL may not be available at your dwelling. 

Generally ports might be not available, however you can check all this from our reports which is available online. 

sealion1

@ConK

I have already checked that there are ports available (157 as of yesterday) & your moderator 3 days ago gave me the same info...

Being ex "Telecom" I have kept my self abreast of the technical updates available since I retired, but NEVER was TELECOM so anti help as TELSTRA is today, & help was within Australia... I've worked in the "Bush" & know how frustrating it is for the country people to get any kind of assistance in a timely manner from so called "PUBLIC UTILITIES"...

The only reason I have a TELSTRA account is because of the monopoly control they have over the infrastructure that makes it difficult for the "Private sector" to access exchanges in regional areas such as where I live now (35Km from Perth) & where I intend(ed) to move to (85Km from Perth... My access to "other ISP's" is very limited unless they are a TELSTRA "sprout" with DSLAM access...

PzzdOff

Hey New poster same old problems

Through Foxtel told adsl 2 could be provided to our new address

put the package through no adsl because no exchange ports available

looked on the websites sugested above and yes its true there are zero for my exchange i cante even get mobile service where I am to have wireless 

this seems to be such a common problem with so many people having to put up with the monopoly that is the

Telstra network, I thought the governemt were deregulating the country and making monopolys a thing of the past but the truth of the matter is that most of the surface area of the country is monopolised by Telstra and we are having to put up with it.

We are supposed to have our bills sent by email to save paper, our banking is to be on line, to research anything you need your home computer, your tax  and BAS is to be submitted on line.

This is all limited because of the absolute lack of forethought by Telstra to add more port availability into exchanges while we wait for the Hailed NBN to save our souls and bring us back up to 10 years behind the rest of the world
Telstra my only next step is to go to a compensation lawer on discrimination grounds.

I even feel that that there is need for discussion on a Class Action

Roost

It might help if the appropriate training material was handed down to the staff in telstra shops.

While talking to a salesperson at Telstra Shop North Lakes (Qld), I was told that I must be a 'very special person to have access to port availability data, because only special people can access that.' When I explained to him that these spreadsheets are accessible by the public via a website (telstrawholesale.com.au) and that i could actually show him, he stated that he cant allow 'hacking' on the store pc's.

This appears to be a fairly normal customer experience at telstra shops based on other peoples experiences, and I am sure that he is now up for 'Employee of the month'.

Needless to say, the 24 month telstra package i was signing up for has now been cancelled.

SharNarna

So is there still no waitlist? Because I have been told for the past month that there is a wait list and that i'm on it by countless Telstra staff. Telstra staff really don't seem to have any clue about this kind of thing - they REALLY need some training. I've received constant misinformation and poor service. If it wasn't for the fact that there are no other providers in my area, I would be signing with anybody else I could. I've even held onto my Optus mobile phone plan since moving and just accept that I can only use my mobile when i'm not at home (no reception at home) because I figure if Telstra can't give me the right info or service then why should I give them more business, they can't handle the first lot yet.

I'm confused though since alot of these posts say you need to cancel and re-order? I only have my phone connected so that I could get ADSL2+ and have no use for a home phone line. Telstra staff are saying I keep my order open but won't be charged for the home phone because there is no internet - do I need to cancel the phone line? Or just the ADSL2+? If I cancel just the ADSL2+, won't I then be charged for the home phone line rental?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi SharNarna, the order process is still the same as advised previously - there isn't a waitlist for broadband orders to be processed as any orders will be filled (if possible) when received. If you've placed an order for a connection recently our Activations teams on 13 22 00 will be able to advise of the exchange code for the area you'd be connected to. You can use this code to search for any upcoming ADSL port expansion works in your exchange area via the reports at http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans/index.htm.

The reports marked ‘Available ADSL Capacity – Exchanges’ and ‘Available ADSL Capacity – CAN’ let you know how many ports are available at the area in total and how many of those are currently unused. The reports ‘Planned ADSL Capacity Increases – CAN’ and ‘Planned ADSL Capacity Increases – Exchanges’ advise of any recently completed or upcoming work to provide more ports at the exchange or in street pillars. If there is scheduled work for an upcoming month I'd recommend placing an order towards the end of that month.

If a home phone service has been ordered and is set up then monthly fees should be charged for it no matter if there's a pending ADSL connection for the line or not, but if special arrangements have been made with the consultants you've been speaking with then these should be honoured. While we can't request service details or make changes to accounts via posts on these forums, our teams on 13 22 00 or through the online chat service at http://tel.st/z3ug can investigate and advise further.

abs1

i am in burnside victoria, more over an year and still no luck with the ports . 

abs1

last update was done as below 

10025626 VIC DEER PARK DRPK DEER PARK DRPK01 Y 11-Sep-14

Level 21: Augmented

The only way for TRUE FACTS is to contact ISP's direct.

sealion1

@Jagaf

Except for ISP BIGPOND/TELSTRA as they are the ones who wont give you the information you need to make an informed judgement to move house because you WILL NOT get a guarantee that your service that you currently have WILL move with you... 

You have to move & PERHAPS 7 - 10 days later a tech will assess your location (home) to see if a service (ADSL2+) can be provided to your address... It's a bit late to find out you can't get a service after you have commited to the move...

Seeing on the reports that there are ports available at your intended destination does NOT mean you will get the service you want at your home in the new area...

Damaged cable in your street is a possibility where "lazy Techs" have grabbed another pair of copper wires to provide a service to someone else when a fault has occured & the original fault is never fixed, do this in the same street a few times & you end up with short runs (to the faulty part) & the cable is depleted of pairs further down the street...

Mechanical damage, white ant activity, water damage in joints etc., all possible reasons for the above & I've seen it happen, especially in country areas where 'slack' line staff have let the faults go unfixed...   

ceebee123

Hey guys new poster, same problems, just a word of caution,stay far far away from Tpg these guys are worse than Telstra, really!!!they promised adsl, like an idiot I gave them my credit details because they assured they could give me adsl and I did not need a port at my exchange, get a email next day saying their sorry but no ports available, but here's the kicker, they have already taken $119.94out of my account and tell me that I have to pay $59.95 for the next 6months, am currently working with the ombudsman, and have "lost" my credit card, could be a while before I get a new one, what is a guy to do... As I said STAY AWAY
buraizs

Hi guys same problem here I am Muswellbrook nsw eastbrook estate .. I had a nice person to help me from the community here who is a head tech he told me where to go to complain etc if I can get it work I will let you know
sanmarj

So I have a question.  I am looking at a rental property that ts on the same exchange I currently am connected to ADSL2 from.  I have to move but my daughter runs an online business from home.  There are 0 ports available according to the link above.  Will Telstra transfer my current bundle and port to the new address?

Community Manager

There is no simple answer. You current telephone line will either connect via a roadside cabinet (RIM) or directly to the exchange. If you move in the same exchange area and connect via the same ADSL equipment then you can keep the same port.

andybh2880

Lokking at alternatives are ok but when you are charged over $100 p/m for 26gb you wonder if telstra is trying to push their wireless on people
i30

I have been waiting for over five weeks just to get the phone connected. My provider tells me it is active but I can't call out ("This service is not connected.") and if I ring the number from my mobile there is a ringing tone but the phone in the house doesn't ring. I am giving lots of money (at least $300 a month) to Telstra for mobile data to be able to use the internet via mobile hotspot. My provider tells me there are no ports available at the Huntly, Victoria exchange and therefore we can't have ADSL until a port becomes available. According to the report I've just looked at - Isam Avail 45, Addnl Avail 20MB 38, Addnl Avail 8MB 0. What one is it? We are in an NBN area but the technician didn't install NBN because he couldn't get a signal. Meanwhile my provider has kindly sent me an invoice for the phone line and ADSL connection we don't have and I'm locked into a contract I can't get out of. At my wits end!
sealion1

First things first, !.Get on to the communications ombudsman & complain about your provider for charging you for a non existent service... It is their responsibility to confirm you have a service once TELSTRA do the line work & check it is ok... 2.Check your contract for a get out clause as your provider has NOT provided a service... 3. A service that gives ring tone from your 'other' phone indicates to me that; (A) The line is cut/disconnected somewhere between the exchange & your house, possibly to supply a service to another house closer to the exchange... This is a frequent result of 'lazy line fault men' doing a quick fix for a non working service, they pinch a working copper pair & cut them so they don't go further than the 'pit' they are doing the fix at, so you have dead wire from there on... (B) The links are in in the exchange but the jumpers haven't been run correctly & gives the same effect as (A) above... (C). The phone in your house is defective, not an unusual occurrence... Either way ALL of the above are the responsibility of TELSTRA to check & confirm that your line is intact & has continuity to your first socket connection in your house, so get up TELSTRA now... When TELSTRA connected your line a TELSTRA TECH should have come to the house to check continuity of the line... If nobody is home he should at least check that the line is good to the service pit outside your property... Looking down the line to see if there is a phone on it IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH & is lazy line work... Been there, done that, & got a T-Shirt for it... Smiley Happy At the end of the day it is still ONLY 2 copper wires to make your service work until you connect to the NBN!!! Smiley Happy

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more