Highlighted
brndnr
Level 1: Cadet

Port Forwarding Solution - Gateway Problems

Hi All,

More an announcement than anything. I just know that I came to CrowdSupport many times to try and find a solution to Forward Ports on my Telstra gateway. As you may have noticed, you can create reserve IP addresses and forward ports on the GUI for the gateway, but that functionality didn't actually do anything for me. I put this down to not having a static public IP or because I was using a cable adaptor and the Gateway was in bridge mode. Regardless of what the problem was, I wasn't able to fix it, but have found a solution through AirVPN. You can forward ports through their solution bypassing router settings. This may be useful for people who already use a VPN or for anyone who is trying to find a cheap solution.

It's ~$85 p.a but you can message their support for a 3 day trial to test the platform and functionality. Hope this helps someone that has been on the months long search I have been on. I also read that you can get a public IP through a business plan for $10 and that this may solve the problem (read somewhere in the forums but I haven't tried it).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Port Forwarding Solution - Gateway Problems

From memory business services come with a static IP as part of the service while consumers can purchase a static IP for $10 per month.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now